Herbalife Success Stories

Options
2»

Replies

• vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    I have researched herbalife, advocare, and shakeology/beachbody extensively. Not because I ever considered doing any of them, but more because I loathe multi-level marketing schemes. I would consider those the "big three" of fitness MLM. None of their products contain anything that will in and of itself induce weight loss. They are all recommended to be run along with proper diet and exercise. The ultimate joke is that proper diet and exercise is ALL YOU NEED. It's all anyone needs. If you want a protein shake, go to a supplement website, spend a FRACTION of what MLM products cost, and get yourself some protein powder. MLM brands like to tout their shakes as more then just protein, but if you look at the label closely, it's vitamins and protein. Usually not even a great source of protein. So my fix for this would be to take a regular protein shake with a multivitamin. That is basically the same thing. You could even take it a step further and simply eat a diet rich in protein and micronutrients and then you don't need to take a shake or a pill.

All of the companies also sell fat burner type pills. The research showing their effectiveness is almost always bias or misinterpreted. If the company selling the product funded the research, you have to question the validity of the research. If you need supplementation in your diet, and many of us do, do the proper research and learn what you really need supplemented. Most people who have a well balanced diet need very little supplements. I personally take a fish oil pill because I eat very little fatty fish, I take a multivitamin (the cheap 1 a day kind) more as a just in case thing, and I take a vitamin D tablet. I use whey protein as well but that is much more like a food then a supplement. If you need it to hit your protein values, take it. If you hit your protein goals through other foods, no need to take it. My supplement budget per month is probably less then 10 dollars.