Quitting the Gym

Options
7bdfcec295cc7af1f3168c3e70a95b97.jpg

Anyone else ever have that "Friends" moment where you just want to quit the gym, but somehow can't make it happen? My gym requires 30 day notice if you do not plan to renew a membership, and I do not due to financial reasons. I went in today, gave them the required written notification and made a follow-up call to make sure the note made it to the appropriate person.

Then, I talked to that person.

I just wanted to be done. One more month on my membership, then I could move on to the new routine I had planned! Yay me! But, I'm a sucker for a sales pitch or, rather, I feel rude for saying no to one, sorry as that sounds. So now, my membership will be placed "on hold" and I have a couple months to see if I change my mind. :embarassed:

It's entirely my fault, and I'll likely call in a week or two and officially cancel, but I just feel dumb for falling for the speech.

Replies

• PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    IDK? My goals include heavy weights. I don't have room for a squat rack or really want one enhancing my decor so off the gym I go!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    IDK? My goals include heavy weights. I don't have room for a squat rack or really want one enhancing my decor so off the gym I go!

I do heavy lifting at home and i don't have room for a squat rack, either. I have a set of adjustable dumbbells, DVDs and I have the best results of my life :)
  • ChickenLittle1121
    ChickenLittle1121 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

I'd like to start lifting as well, but this gym isn't really suited to that. It's a boxing gym where I attend classes, and their primary pieces of equipment are punching bags. They have a single treadmill, a single eliptical, a single bench and one set of free weights, which are almost always in use. It was an absolute blast for classes, but now that I'd like to go in a different direction, I don't feel like it's my best (or most cost effective) option.
  • Sweetie_darling
    Sweetie_darling Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I don't have anything to add but I love that scene in Friends lol

Xx
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I don't have anything to add but I love that scene in Friends lol

Xx

I also loved them trying to cut the Gym off at the bank! "I WANNA QUIT THE BANK!!!!!"
  • Bw00d
    Bw00d Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    this seems relatively simple to me.... if you use your gym membership to your satisfaction then keep it... personally i HATE gyms... i workout outside 365... volume bodyweight training has done more for me than anything else