@*#^!!!! Gas prices

Options
13»

Replies

• sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Stop complaining, in Europe, more clear in Germany its 9$ a Gallon.

So take public transportation and bike and dont complain!

i think its clear that its ridiculous everywhere, no matter what the difference in price is!
    Now if only it were feasible to ride a bicycle 45 miles to work each morning... i would do it if it were! Until then, My Oldsmobile will have to suffice.

This would be easier to do if the US had a decent mass transit system like the UK. As it is, spending 1.00 per one way bus trip (they have raised their prices due to the gas prices also) across town (and I live in a small town) gets almost as expensive as buying gas. :sad:
  • ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    here in BC it is about 1.35/litre which is $5.40 a gallon. since our dollar is almost at par with the us dollar, i would just smile and be thankful for the $2 a gallon savings :)

i also think for people who don't NEED a car, it is actually their responsibility NOT to drive. i live within a 15 minute walk of work, the grocery store and my bank. if i need to get anywhere else i take the bus, and if it's really late and no bus is running i'll slurge and spring for a cab. my motto is if i can't get there without a car, it's not worth going. been doing this since i was 16 and i spend about $20/ month on transportation. and for those that miss the independence of not being able to drive, you'll miss the money in your pocket alot more, trust me.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Vent girl it does suck..Here its still under 3.70 a galon but that doent justify these *kitten* getting richer with every fillup....I want a Smart Car more than ever now!!!!! I have a v8 four wheel drive extended cab so how do you think I feel(although it is more efficient than most trucks)
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    My car sucks gas and hauls a*s....but I am driving less:ohwell: I changed the air filter and gave it a tune up and that has helped the gas mileage some.
  • bonkers5975
    bonkers5975 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    yeah, when we lived in town, in Napanee, Ontario, we walked everywhere. But now, it's 20 miles in any direction, so walking isn't an option. My mom, sister-in-law and I all go grocery shopping together once a week. It's the only time I get out anymore!

I think for me, it's not the gas prices themselves so much that piss me off, it's the reason behind them. Rich get richer, poor get poorer. And people, you know what the prices are like overseas, upwards of 9 bucks a gallon, don't think it's not coming.

As long as big oil can do it, they will do it.
  • davistheresa
    Options
    I agree amen to that we r paying 344 a gallon but that is still to freaking high we have had 5 companies in one week to close due to gas prices
    some thing has got to give:mad: :explode: :sad: :angry:
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I wish I had the option to ride the bus however doesn't even go near the hospital when I start at 7am.:cry: