What to bring to the gym

Options
2»

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    It probably won't take you very long to figure out what you can't live without, it can vary from person to person. For me: smartphones/headphones ( I absolutely cannot get through a workout without something to watch/read/listen to), water bottle. Besides my gym clothes, that's pretty much it, as I shower at home.
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    There are people here who don't wipe off the equipment when done (don't need a towel)? :huh:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    There are people here who don't wipe off the equipment when done (don't need a towel)? :huh:

most gyms provide towels.
  • jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    ETA: if you've never gymmed before, as a matter of etiquette, don't wear heavy perfume :)

Thank you for saying this. I'm thinking about having t-shirts made :p
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options

most gyms provide towels.
    Fair enough. Mine doesn't (it's relatively small), so that's why I suggested one "just to be sure".
  • FraggleRockerFitnessLover
    Options
    80's Rock for me to dance inbetween sets :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I bring myself and my water bottle...

You may want to bring a small towel to wipe down machines...some gyms provide this and some don't. Also, I generally don't shower or anything like that but if you did, obviously you'd want a change of clothes and a towel for drying off.
  • Arydria
    Arydria Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Definitely tour the gym and see what they provide. Our gym provides paper towels and disinfectant for wiping down equipment, but I bring my own sweat towel. I also bring a water bottle, headphones, phone (which also works with my heart rate monitor) and notebook.

One gym I visited when I was traveling on business provided absolutely everything except workout clothes. They provided ipods, headphones, bottled water and towels. They even had an attendant that ran around wiping off the equipment as you finished using it. I can't imagine what it must have cost to join, LOL!!