Opinions on this

Options
2»

Replies

• FitKit101
    FitKit101 Posts: 63
    Options
    I hate the in-store food eaters. Grapes are grapes. Buy them in season.....if you don't know if you like them.....don't buy them. I once took cherries that were charged by the pound and picked the ones I wanted out of bags....by feel, not tasting them....and this woman came over and told me to stop picking and choosing. I was offended at this as that is how they were sold.....get off my back, I'm not stealing, eating, doing anything illegal. Apparently shopping is some serious business. Stresses me out....lol

Sorry....that was rude. :wink:
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    I'd call the store manager or supervisor and be that *kitten* that reports them:bigsmile: I'm a little sadistic that way.
  • BigTireFlipper
    BigTireFlipper Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Mentioning it to a store employee is fine. Confronting the person is out of line.

Personally what's out of line is taking grapes from someone who actually has integrity and pays for their food. And putting her filthy hands all over someone's fruit. I would have said it loud so everyone around can hear it so she feels like a dip****. Call me crazy but calling someone out would get a lot more progress than telling a store manager. I could just be an *kitten*, but fortunately for me I just don't give a damn.

I'm with you on this. Store employees won't address the issue. I would have said "You plan on paying for those now that you've been at them, right?" If they get embarrassed then maybe they'll think twice about doing it again. Some folks just don't exercise common sense and need to be educated with a simple direct question.
  • _Lovely77_
    _Lovely77_ Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Mentioning it to a store employee is fine. Confronting the person is out of line.

Personally what's out of line is taking grapes from someone who actually has integrity and pays for their food. And putting her filthy hands all over someone's fruit. I would have said it loud so everyone around can hear it so she feels like a dip****. Call me crazy but calling someone out would get a lot more progress than telling a store manager. I could just be an *kitten*, but fortunately for me I just don't give a damn.

Couple points here. 1. It isn't your product/money/responsibility. 2. Causing a scene is incredibly immature and would do little more than embarrass her and disturb potentially dozens of other shoppers around you. 3. Who doesn't wash their fruit before eating it anyway?

If I go in an hour after her and purchase that bag of grapes it is my product isn't it? Also, if you're immature enough to steal food blatantly then in my opinion, obviously your conscious is not speaking loud enough, which in that case I'd gladly oblige. And, I do wash my food, but I still wouldn't appreciate someone's fingers all over it.

Intent to purchase does not transfer ownership. Also, grapes are sold by weight, so her eating several grapes from the bag wouldn't affect your end consumer price at all.

So....:huh:

Seriously? Now you are throwing in a scenario (end consumer price) in there when he never mentioned the price? So.... :huh:
    His issue, which is an understandable one and not one at all worth arguing about as that's a losing battle (being that, whether you argue this or not, it doesn't matter, it IS wrong and it IS illegal). Also, oh on the contrary, it DOES affect his and everyone's end consumer price, if these grapes are being bought by these stores, I am assuming in pounds as they sell them in pounds, then inventory would suggest at the closing of each month that they did not in fact sell the same amount of pounds in grapes as they bought. Therefore, to ensure a profit margin, the price goes up as their supply seems to mysteriously disappear once the "not sold" inventory is accounted for. It's called supply and demand. That doesn't only refer to having more customers than you do product. Plus, the point he actually mentioned, is the fact that true and honest consumers, do NOT want some stranger's hands all over the product, YES even IF they clean their produce. Last thing I want is some stranger putting their hands (which we have no clue where has been, they could have just gone to the bathroom and wiped their rear without washing after for all we know) all over the produce. E coli is no joke man and some bacteria doesn't just wash away with hot water. So, unless you wash your produce with bleach (I sincerely hope not) than your consuming several million, potentially harmful bacteria because some cheap a** couldn't keep their hands to themselves. Yes, I understand that that is a risk regardless of these morons eating handfuls of produce but it would greatly reduce that risk if they would just buy the bag of grapes they ate from.
  • HalfwayGone
    HalfwayGone Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I've only opened something once or twice that I'm buying already. Can't say I've noticed people eating fruit and walking away though.

My friend sometimes lets her child eat things in the shop, but she always gives the wrapper to the checkout lady to pay for it.