316 lbs was my wake up call.

Options
My passion has always been food. Some of my best childhood memories are the smells and the constant commotion of a kitchen in an Italian family. Those experiences carried into my adult life. I followed my passions and began training as a
Chef. I couldnt get enough I wanted to learn and taste it all and boy did I. Over the summer i weighed in at 316 pounds. i couldn't believe my eyes, but there it was staring back at me in bright led lights. This was the turning point. No longer will I ever feel like this again. It felt like i was carrying an extra person on my back. As of yesterday i weighed in at 267 lbs. Please dont think I'm soap boxing here. i'm really not. My statement is simple. "Fight back by an means possible". I thought i couldnt do it for years because of the job that i have. I'm stopping the excuses. my passion is still on the food. But I will not let it rule me.

Replies

• TammyK777
    TammyK777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    congrats on the weight loss!
  • mom23kids
    Options
    Great attitude! Don't let the food rule you. You will be successful. You definitely have the right mind set!
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I too am passionate about food. I have loved cooking since I was a child - the experience of preparing a meal is soothing and exciting all at the same time. Sadly, I never went the professional route but I have built a restaurant style kitchen in my hown that allows me to indulge my fantasies. I am avid cookbook collector and am focusing now on trying to find ways to make my meals more health friendly.

You can be successful because you have all the tools available to succeed - you have the knowledge, the skills and the same passion that drew you to your profession to begin with. Good for you and Good Luck..
  • labette31
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration post, Chef

i understand what you mean. i hit 304 lbs and decided enough was enough. It amazes me that I've been her 3 weeks and am so much more conscious about what and how I eat. i'm almost disgusted with myself for how i used to eat. I'm an ER nurse and I'm sure there were days I could eat 6,000-7,000 calories - It just amazes me

Congrats on the healthy lifestyle change.
  • KAK68
    KAK68 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss so far. It is all in our attitudes and sounds like you have a good attitude about food now. I am still working on it but I will get there. :smile:
  • gilliland24
    Options
    congrats on the weight loss!! great job! i know the feeling when i saw the scale hit 270 was my wake up call! i haven't stopped since~!
  • chefdurk
    Options
    thank you for the kind words. i'm here as a sounding board or help with recipes