Need help!

Options
Im a 20 year old male. 3 weeks ago I was 125 lbs.
From April 26th to may 18th, I had lost 2.5 lbs of fat, gained 1.4 lbs of lean mass and lost 2 percent body fat.
I know this is good progress, but I want to see even more.
I have started to spin for 35 minutes a day (doing strength training on spin bike --> really hard, but really good). I burn at least 500 calories per day doing that. I also strength train as well. I do 3 circuits with 3 exercises, 3 times.
I am eating pretty well, but I probably eat between 1500-2000 calories per day.
What do you guys think of this?

Replies

• Harrison423
    Harrison423 Posts: 32
    Options
    Help :(?
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I would not eat less than 1800 cal/day. Your body needs fuel to function. Your progress seems good to me. Are you still trying to lose weight? I would think that you don't really have more weight to lose. I would focus on at least maintaining weight while reducing your body fat %. What is your body fat % at now? If it's pretty low already, you may want to consider starting to gain some weight. Lift hard and shoot to gain 0.5-1 lb/week. This will increase your muscle mass with minimal, if any, body fat gains.

Allan
  • karmac0matic
    karmac0matic Posts: 285
    Options
    What are your goals? Gaining, losing, maintaining, bulking, cutting?

That makes "help" a little more manageable.
  • Harrison423
    Harrison423 Posts: 32
    Options
    losing and toning :)
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Im a 20 year old male. 3 weeks ago I was 125 lbs.
    From April 26th to may 18th, I had lost 2.5 lbs of fat, gained 1.4 lbs of lean mass and lost 2 percent body fat.
    I know this is good progress, but I want to see even more.
    I have started to spin for 35 minutes a day (doing strength training on spin bike --> really hard, but really good). I burn at least 500 calories per day doing that. I also strength train as well. I do 3 circuits with 3 exercises, 3 times.
    I am eating pretty well, but I probably eat between 1500-2000 calories per day.
    What do you guys think of this?

Well, at 125 pounds even if you are very short you are pretty low weight so I assume you are not overweight and therefore I assume you are trying to do a final cut to see abs or something. Not knowing how tall you are I won't say that 125 pounds is overweight but it does sound very slight for a man.

Other than that if you are losing bodyfat and using weight training and protein intake to maintain your muscle that seems okay to me. I assume you are trying to net 1500 calories and 1500 is what you eat when you don't exercise and 2000 is what you eat when you do?