6 months in and 65# down with PICS!

Options
14567810»

Replies

• dwozniak16
    dwozniak16 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    So here's my story.

I have been heavy since I was 5 when I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and put on 5# over Christmas break. I spent years in and out of the hospital trying to get my thyroid levels regulated so I would grow properly. When I was 10 and weighed 100# my eldest brother committed suicide and the stress of it all landed me in the hospital 10 days later for emergency surgery. Because of this, I was wheelchair bound for 3 months. By the time I reached my 12th birthday I was 250# which surpassed my mother's weight. By 16, I was in the 300's and have been there ever since. In 2007 I was in a horrible car accident that took away my ability to take care of myself or do anything physical. Slowly I have regained my strength and learned to take care of myself again. Its been a long road.

This past year I was severely depressed, my marriage was failing and I was eating my way into an early grave. I decided I needed to change or I would probably die from all my weight related illnesses in addition to all my physical disabilities. I have lost 65# so far and its all been done with healthy eating and exercise, while slowly increasing my daily activities. I still have quite a bit left to lose but I am hoping that my story can inspire at least 1 person to push through regardless of the trials of life.

No matter what your going through you can do it, just don't give up. If you fall, get up and go at it again.
    Today, the first time in almost 18 years, I weigh less than my Mom. It's a good day!
    Big hugs to all, Rebekah:flowerforyou:

Before 360.2
    0c3c1f42-3ea6-4dbd-8498-aea2335865ef_zpsd735ca04.jpg

292323_2948609094765_467675243_n_zpsd80961e4.jpg

During 295
    Picture019_zps50155c5c.jpg

Picture023_zps2eef57c7.jpg

Great job!! You look awesome! I'm glad you've been able to recover from the accident, that alone is a great accomplishment! You're progressing at a great pace as well! I hope nothing but the best for you and continued success!
  • pink2lady
    pink2lady Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story and picture...so proud of you and your success. Never give up on YOU!
  • Great_Mazinga
    Great_Mazinga Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Can really see this difference in your face. Keep going. Can't wait to see your progress in the future!
  • summer92008
    Options
    Thanks for the post! You're doing a great job! Good luck at the rest of your journey; just remember, slow and steady. You didn't gain all that weight in a day and you won't lose it all in a day, either. I will be praying for you.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You're an inspiration.
  • Annabear3
    Annabear3 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Amazing. You look great, but more imortantly you sound great! Keep it up!!!!
  • brewinggirl_butskinnier
    Options
    You look so adorable! Keep up the great work!!
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I would never know that was the same person. Excellent work :)
  • QueenMother14
    QueenMother14 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look beautiful.
  • calichic74
    calichic74 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story!!! Looking good, girl! Keep up the good work!
  • applecheeksaz
    applecheeksaz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    WOW GREAT JOB YOU LOOK GREAT!!!
  • Local_Atlantis
    Local_Atlantis Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! And I love love love your dress. You are truly beautiful xx
  • falacon
    Options
    You look amazing and you're very inspirational! You may just be the motivation I need.
  • ohiotubagal
    ohiotubagal Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You are adorable! Love the dress!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Great job! :D
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You are truly an inspiration. Thank you for sharing your amazing story!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!