100lbs GONE! GONE! GONE!

Options
ChancyW
ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
I have been waiting a long time to be able to say that! I have lost 100lbs!

Whenever my Dr.s find out how much I have lost, the first thing they ask is, "gastric bypass?" NOPE! Plain old exercise and eating right did the trick for me.

I took me quite some time. I lost quite a bit of weight and then found out I was pregnant, so this 100lbs has taken me 4 years to lose. Yup, 4 years! I never gave up and I did have months where I gained a few pounds, but I kept going!

I am so excited!!! I hope to lose 11 more lbs to my final goal weight but losing 100 feels oh so good!

I was wearing a 14-16 but mostly stretchy stuff at my heaviest.
I am now a 3-4!
I used to wear a L or XL shirt. I am now somewhere between a small and an extra small depending on the store.

I remember the first time I decided I was going to change my life and began exercising. I remember running for the first time in 1 1/2 years. I think I ran 1/8 mile before I had to stop, but I did it again and again and it got easier and easier! I remember trying to do a pushup and being amazed that I couldn't even do 1 with proper form!

I can do pull ups for the first time in my LIFE! I could never even do them as a child. I can do tons of pushups, every kind imaginable! I have completed P90X several times and moved on to more difficult programs like TurboFire and Insanity! I can do even the most difficult yoga poses. I have gained 8 inches of flexibility in my legs! I can climb a 2,000 ft mountain by my house called the incline in 41 minutes! I even have ab-bumps (I call them lol) or defined abs!

Several times I have had to buy entirely new clothing because everything from my bras to my underwear to my jackets were too big!

I've gone through countless pairs of sneakers, exercise DVDs, put hundreds of miles on my treadmill. I have forgone watching TV and spending my time idly. I don't watch other people live anymore, I LIVE!

I've even started a fit club in my area and am also a Beachbody coach where I get to help people in their own journey. (I took a personality test and apparently I am fulfilling my life's purpose now!)

Wow, how my life has changed over the past 4 years!

-Chancy

I am now going to try to attach a photo of me in the beginning. Hopefully it works on the first try!

Replies

• ChancyW
    Options
    :smile:
  • ChancyW
    Options
    329.jpg

Let's see if any of these work! *crosses fingers*
  • BrendaKayS
    Options
    WOW!!!!!!!! All in all I have a total of 100 lbs to lose so your topic jumped right out at me (I've done it before and KNOW I can do it again but being patient is the hardest part!).

CONGRATS!!!! Yes, I know I am yelling but this deserves caps lock darn it!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    329.jpg
    Type your IMG in lower case to get the pic to work. Congrats on reaching 100. Great job!!!
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    OMG!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :bigsmile:
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Congrats in the loss, health, and happiness imprivement!!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
  • laDOLCEvita7
    Options
    wow thats a big inspiration for me. CONGRATS on your weight loss
  • marnijojo
    marnijojo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you! You are a true inspiration! I have just started my journey (in August) and have lost 23 lbs so far, but am shooting for 80 or 100 (we'll see when I get closer!) but appear to be starting at a very similar place as you and can truely relate to the running experience. I started only being able to run about 5 minutes at a time, but now put in between 2 and 4 miles each day.

Again, congratulations!
  • VCStarr
    VCStarr Posts: 155
    Options
    Great job!!!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    329.jpg

That's amazing, Chancy! Great job staying dedicated and pushing through even though it took awhile.
  • kerrera
    kerrera Posts: 43
    Options
    I dont care about the photos just the text is inspiration enough. I am 67 lbs down and still away to go, so well done you and i hope i can be just as successful.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that is wonderful!!!!!!!!!
  • nefarious
    Options
    WoW, that was a very inspiring story for me, I have been on a diet most of my life, but up until recently I changed from a diet to a lifestyle change. When my thoughts changed so did my life goals, I am far from getting rid of 100 pounds but I am on the quest of a lifetime and hope to become an inspiration like you! Thank you so much for sharing your journey! Peace, Love and Light
  • karmus
    karmus Posts: 1
    Options
    That's awesome, i'm hoping to lose as much as you have done but if i can reach 70lbs i'll be happy. congrats and hopefully one day later on i'll be able to put up a post announcing i've reached my goal.
  • ChancyW
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I feel like I have been waiting a LONG time to be able to say this!

Stick with it and it will happen! It happened for me!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. It is very inspiring to hear from someone who did have their ups and downs and just kept right on with it and never gave up down the bumpy road. You have motivated me as well!
  • Jillis
    Jillis Posts: 13
    Options
    thanks again for sharing and congratz,,
    really inspiring!!!
  • hyenagirl
    hyenagirl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    WOAH! Truly an inspiration!
  • nikkijennings
    nikkijennings Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Well done!!! You have been so desperate to say those words the past few weeks!!!! On days when I feel like I'm not getting anywhere..... I need to see the benefits from amazing, resilient people like you...... SUPERB!!!!! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!