Victorious Victoria Day Challenge - May 7

yoginimary
yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
Oh, it's a happy Wednesday - strength training day. If anyone told me a year ago that I would look forward to a weights class, I would have thought they were crazy. How we change for the better.

There are still many of you we are missing. Come back! I have a feeling you are secretly reading the posts without putting in your own input. :huh:

Yesterday I did my first step class. It was nice, if a little confusing. My heart rate stayed up and, wonder of wonders, my calves are a little sore. I'm slightly worried about spraining an ankle though, everything is so fast. I might try a different teacher next time. I also went for a "movie walk" - walk until the end of the move, 90 minutes or so. I think I need to not burn so many calories. I've hit over 1,000 twice the in the past two weeks.

Karen and WL - that is my lovely kitten Iggy. He's all teeth and claws. If you look on my profile, you can see a drawing my husband did of him.

Have a great workout today!

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Oh, it's a happy Wednesday - strength training day. If anyone told me a year ago that I would look forward to a weights class, I would have thought they were crazy. How we change for the better.

There are still many of you we are missing. Come back! I have a feeling you are secretly reading the posts without putting in your own input. :huh:

Yesterday I did my first step class. It was nice, if a little confusing. My heart rate stayed up and, wonder of wonders, my calves are a little sore. I'm slightly worried about spraining an ankle though, everything is so fast. I might try a different teacher next time. I also went for a "movie walk" - walk until the end of the move, 90 minutes or so. I think I need to not burn so many calories. I've hit over 1,000 twice the in the past two weeks.

Karen and WL - that is my lovely kitten Iggy. He's all teeth and claws. If you look on my profile, you can see a drawing my husband did of him.

Have a great workout today!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Today is weights for me as well. I'm going to do my "core secrets" flash cards while watching the Barbara Walters trashy interview on Oprah, which I have tivo'ed. (ah. ..a guilty pleasure mixed with a non-guilty pleasure.) I'm not expecting a big calorie burn, but I want to do weights three times a week.

My allergies are atrocious today. I feel almost flu-like. . .swollen glands and the whole package. I'm going to be so pissed if I'm actually sick. . .

Oh, and Mary, I think hip hop abs is officially "dancy". Although, if you got through a step class, you might want to try it. Like I said before, his instruction is very, very good. I've been doing so many dance/workout DVDs that seem like they didn't bother with either rehearsals or editing. (example: BL Jillian seemingly not remembering her own routines, or Yoga Booty Ballet blonde girl forgetting which leg we should be on. . .the perfectionist in me finds this really annoying.) Another cool feature of the DVD is the little "countdown clock" for each session. In thirty minutes, it was just around 200 calories, so I also did an african dance video I had tivo'ed yesterday to meet my 500 calorie goal, along with walking for 30 minutes.

I am loving the new picture of Iggy. It's a great sort of "omg" face. Cracks me up.:flowerforyou:

And, I too have been noticing the number of "views" vs. the number of "posts." We are being spied on. C'mon. . .jump in!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Happy Hump day ladies! Very nice here so I got my first walk in right after doing BL Cardio. I have a physical this afternoon but not stepping on the scale. I trust mine & that's that!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Happy Hump day ladies! Very nice here so I got my first walk in right after doing BL Cardio. I have a physical this afternoon but not stepping on the scale. I trust mine & that's that!

I stand backwards on the scale at the Dr's if they insist. Just another alternative. I'm in a hard-core "no weighing" phase right now.:flowerforyou:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Good Morning!

Loving having a HRM for workouts AND having my gym membership back (I put it on a freeze since I was on the road filming for so long).

Yesterday I was on the elliptical for 40 minutes, following by 30 minutes of weight training.

This morning I biked to the gym and did 15 minutes of stair climbing.

Today I will:
    * Eat the healthy food that I packed at the office
    * Avoid the pitfalls of snacking on unhealthy stuff at my sister's place
    * Meditate before bed

Vitamins done, chugging water now.
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    I'm back! Sorry for disappearing, I missed you guys so much! :flowerforyou:

Mary e-mailed me asking if I was o.k. I have just been so busy the past two-three weeks that I have not had time to get on the site let alone workout. But, I was cautious with my diet and consider it a maintenance test. I passed! My lovely 3lb gain this week will be gone by the weekend (if you know what I mean).

My bridesmaid dress fit perfectly this past weekend, so that goal is achieved and checked off the list! Now onto my goal weight of 135. I actually saw 151 last week which is very encouraging compared to 180 about 6 months ago.

I submitted the last of my grades this evening so I am officially on summer vacation for the next three months. Not that I won't still be working camps and running our business, but at least a break from the college routine. :tongue: My goal is to do two-a-days for a while and really jump on this last 15ish pounds. PLEASE hold me accountable, kick my butt, motivate me in whatever way you can imagine :blushing:

Missed you all :drinker: