Eating out tomorrow - please help

Options
95Tashey95
95Tashey95 Posts: 65 Member
Going to a pub that is 'Flaming Grill' chain tomorrow for dinner

Any recommendations or tips for damage limitation with choices?

(I am intending to go to the gym in the morning and have a light lunch etc)

xx

Replies

• msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Eat it log it move on.

Or

Munch lettuce and glare at your dinner companions.

A night out isn't going to totally ruin everything forever and ever. You are doing an extra gym sesh, eating light during the day. Eat what you feel like, enjoy it and stop when you feel full.
  • keeponswimming1213
    Options
    check out this

http://www.flaminggrillpubs.com/Media/Menus/PDF/Flaming-Grill-Nutritional-Info-September-2013.pdf/
    It may no be 100% accurate but you can plan what you will order in advance and have a good idea of calories. Have a couple of different options to choose from in case the thing you choose s not available on the day as sometimes menus vary on the day a bit

If you are watching carbs etc, I would give that a rest for the day but just plan for the calorie intake.
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Steak and salad I guess is the lowest calorie option, but really, just go for what you would like to eat, and factor it into your day. Probably best to not go for the "challenge" option if you want to eat again all week! :bigsmile:

Not calorie related, but if you go for steak, I recommend going for one stage rarer than you normally would, otherwise it ends up tough (voice of experience!)
  • 95Tashey95
    Options
    cheers guys - I will enjoy whatever I order but did not want to totally blow it. I am at a wedding in 2weeeks time and have a dress I currently might need shoe-horning into!

Thanks for the nutritional info link - I was looking for something like this myself and could not find it

looks like it might be Chicken New Yorker then :-)

xx
  • Singlejules
    Singlejules Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I had this dilemma on Saturday.
    Can you get a menu before you go? I went online and chose what to have by adding it to MFP .
    I also worked out all my food for that day so I knew what I had left to use for the meal.
    I wrote it down and stuck to it. I had sirloin steak, side salad and baby new potatoes with butter. It was amazing.
    While everyone had dessert I had a black coffee.
    It was so nice not feeling full to the brim so you cant move. I love deserts but for the 800+ calories I can do without.
    Have a great time and enjoy.:smile:
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Choose to enjoy yourself.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Going to a pub that is 'Flaming Grill' chain tomorrow for dinner

Any recommendations or tips for damage limitation with choices?

(I am intending to go to the gym in the morning and have a light lunch etc)

xx

Gym and light lunch are a good idea. My thinking is that if you've been good for the last fortnight or whatever then treating yourself as one-off will be fine and keep you going from a morale viewpoint for the next month. Just don't weigh yourself the next day!
  • Dwinklepleck
    Dwinklepleck Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would say have whatever and then get back to normal the next day. I have been working very hard to drop pounds so that I CAN have extreemly bad days guilt free.
  • 95Tashey95
    Options
    normally I would not be so bothered but with the dress goal looming in less than 2wks I want to really try to keep on track as much as I can.

I am getting quite good at ordering what I want but not stuffing myself full and just eating some of it - but can be easily swayed by other people wanting starters and/or puddings :-)

great advice all, thank you

xx
  • laura3773
    laura3773 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on here long but what I have started doing is eating things like soup with cucumber and strawberries on the side and a banana or Grapes or edamame as a snack on days I know dinner will be kind of a cheat meal. That helps me stay reasonable even if I go over on calories for the day.
  • Hell_Flower
    Hell_Flower Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    They have their nutritional info on their website

http://www.flaminggrillpubs.com/Media/pdf/flaming-grill-nutritional-information.pdf

Stay away from the mixed grill and the Mega Dog - 1300 and...2056??!?! Respectively. Bloody hell. The nutrition info is pretty small, are my eyes deceiving me?!?!

Thai Fish Skewers look nice and only 548.

Enjoy!x

ETA - booze as well. Don't forget to factor that in as well. Around 170 - 250 pint of beer/cider, 175 for large wine etc etc