Binging

Options
Here recently I have injured my back and now I have a twisted knee. My back is slowly getting better and my knee, well it will take awhile. I have a major problem with binging. I will get home in the evenings and feel like I have to eat everything in the kitchen. I start with one thing and go down the line until I feel full. I never feel full. hardly ever. I started the whole water thing drinking 8-10 16.9 oz of water a day and hasn't helped a bit. I know it has to be all mental. I have tried the apple thing grab an apple if I feel hungary or eat an apple on the way home from work, but I could eat 10 apples and still hungary and still binge. Any suggestions? It only happens in the evenings. I do fine during the day. HELP

Replies

• Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Have you tried spreading your food out more. For example I eat about every 3 hours, about six times a day. Having it spread out more, and eating more regular helps me a lot as I know it's not that long till I eat again
  • moglovesshoez
    moglovesshoez Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Find a hobby that gets you out of the house in the evening. It will keep your mind occupied and you wont be near food.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    do something productive when you get home so you're not bored, and save a few more cals for the evening so you can eat a larger tea.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    What calorie amount are you set at to eat?

Try increasing your daily calories a bit to try to combat the feeling of wanting to chew your arms off.

If you are new and just starting out, then eat your normal amount for a week and log it - every bit. THEN aim to cut it your calories down a bit for a week (say...100 calories daily) then do this again the next week...and again until you hit a point when you start to lose weight and stay on that calorie level.

Some need to step it down carefully rather than cut their dietary intake down by 3/4 bam!
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in the same position and all this over indulgence is new to me. I have analysed and realised what triggers me, it is definitely stress that sets off the overeating. I also have found that lack of exercise seems to trigger it as well. Like when i workout i think twice about what i'm eating. I agree with the posters who says to keep busy which should hopefully help you. Good luck!!
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Took a look at your diary; there's not much filled in. Have you just started?
    Anyway, try hitting your macros as suggested by MFP, including protein. And experiment a bit with timing. For example, I usually do fine during the day but want to eat a lot at night.
    Good luck!