how much CLA to use per day?

Options
I'm going to buy CLA from a drug mart today.
Each capsule seems to be 1000 mg.
I'm 125lbs and 5'3. Even though I'm not OVERWEIGHT, I shouldn't have as much body fat as I do (according to the in body machine at my gym). I exercise 6 times a week and eat well, I'd just like to speed up the process.
Thanks!

Replies

• FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your money.
    Editors' Thoughts on Conjugated Linoleic Acid

CLA appears to be a good research molecule, since there is a lot of evidence after human ingestion and it was one of the first of its mechanisms (PPARa / PPARy modulator) to be used.

A pretty poor fat burner, and even more unreliable than it is bad at burning fat. It might make you lose enough fat to compensate for that cookie you had once.

It has no astounding other affects on health or anything, it just seems to be quite an overhyped and uneventful molecule(s)

http://examine.com/supplements/Conjugated+Linoleic+Acid/
  • SEAFOODMAN
    SEAFOODMAN Posts: 342
    Options
    scam
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    may I also suggest that you only post a question in one area and not multiple at once.

Forum rules:
    9. Do Not Post the Same Topic on Multiple Boards or Groups

Please choose the most appropriate board or group for your post and post it once. Posting the same message to multiple boards or multiple groups is a form of spam. Please note that this is NOT a guideline against inadvertently posting a question another member has asked before. We explicitly allow members to post questions that have been asked previously by other members. If you see a member post a topic that you think has been asked before by another member, please respond politely or simply move on. However, the same member cannot ask the same question or post the same topic more than once.
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    waste
  • monikabenoit
    monikabenoit Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    The recommendation is 1000 mg before each meal or around 3000mg a day.
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    The recommendation by the people who sell the snake-oil is 1000 mg before each meal or around 3000mg a day.

FYP
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mehdeuRPwb1qgh57wo1_400.gif
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mehdeuRPwb1qgh57wo1_400.gif

sheldon.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I've seen some of the other threads you've posted and I'm just gonna leave this right here.

http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/find-help-support?gclid=CJO1wPPLpL0CFRQS7Aodx0UA8w