Calories pr day

Options
Hi everyone, I have worked with my fitness pal before and found it to be very good. I have started using it again a week ago as I hit a bit of a rocky road for a while and lost all interest. What I would like to know is, do you have to eat all the calories that you are given each day or does that not matter. I am on 2420 calories a day and I'm finding it quite hard to consume all of these. I am assuming that if you don't eat them all you will lose weight quicker. Any help from you successful people would be great.

Thanks Julie

Replies

• HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    The figure given to you per day is to lose the required amount per week. You dont have to eat that much every day ofc, but try to stay above 1200 every day. Also, make sure you are getting your required micros (vitamins, minerals, etc) and macros (fat, protein, etc).

Also, the more you exercise, the more you can eat back if you want, but always try to stay over 1200 net calories.

The faster you lose the weight, the greater the odds of loose skin. Better to go slow and steady. :)
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    If it's your goal to lose weight, I am very practical in how I set calorie goals. What I do and what I recommend to people is to eat at a calorie level that allows you to drop 1-2 lbs/week. This assumes an average calorie burn from you getting in all of your workouts. This will be different for everyone, so you'll have to do some trial and error to figure it out. I'd start ~2200 cal/day. Hit this goal, along with your macros and getting in your workouts, for a week. If you lose 1-2 lbs, you're good to go. If you lose too much, increase your intake and repeat. If you don't lose enough, reduce your intake a bit and repeat. After a few weeks, you'll figure out what works for you in your situation.

Allan