its funny

Options
So this week ive decided to shake it up a bit, given I need to add more protein to my diet.... I decided to swap my favorite lunch mear for a more calorie dense protein packed rotisserie chicken, and I was worried about going over my calories becaise the chicken is double the calories as the lunch meat.....guess what I found.... I can fit the chicken, a whole avacado, healthy pasta salad and my favorite granola and still have plenty of calories for dinner and a nighttime snack, and I can almost guarantee ill feel 10 times better eating a chicken avacado salad for lunch instead of the overprocessed lunchmeat.... what changes have you made to your diet that you were surprised not only fit in but you still had plenty of calories to spare?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I typically eat a huge breakfast...bacon, eggs, toast, juice and my coffee with cream...

But because I make choices of egg whites x2 and 1 whole egg and smoked pork loin (similar to Canadian bacon) I find I can fit lots of other stuff in like my chocolate at night.

I am constantly surprised at the food I can eat and still stay in goal...similar to you lean chicken, avocadoes etc and I feel fuller longer thereby not snacking as much as I used to.
  • leooftheyear
    leooftheyear Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    One of the reasons I started this topic is because I heard my boss, on friday, telling one of my coworkers that she ate lean cuisines for lunch because she needs to eat less caloroes becaise shes older....and I know a lot of people on this site eat the frozen meals out of convenience or because they're cutting calories and it fits in....but theres so much REAL FOOD that falls within the same calorie range thats not processed, full of salt and just plain not filling
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Agreed...I eat a lean cuisine maybe once every couple of weeks and it's mainly for time issues...or I am bored...or close to grocery day.

That being said I can eat lots of food for lunch ie yesterday and still have less than some of those frozen meals out there...