Turkey Trot 5K on Thanksgiving Day!

StacLegg
StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
My husband told me this week that he wants us all to do a Turkey Trot 5K Run on Thanksgiving morning at 9am!! I haven't really ran for over a year..... but have been working out and have lost 22lbs!! Our youngest daughter is working out with me..... so I am anxious to see how this is going to go!! My husband has become a couch potatoe.... lol He is in for a surprise.... Our oldest daughter prob can run it all if she wants too....even if we end up walking more then we run, we are doing it as a family and have so much to be Thankful for this Thanksgiving..... =)
What are you doing for Thanksgiving?

Replies

• missyhse
    missyhse Posts: 189
    That's awesome! I love Turkey Trot's (even though I stink at 5k's)...I'll be running one, and my husband will be walking. Have Fun :)
  • hmrtym
    hmrtym Posts: 49 Member
    that sounds great! Good Luck!!
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Good luck!!

I'm doing a 5M Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving! I'm most excited that it will be my first "race bling" since they have medals for the finishers!!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    awesome! i think i've talked my family into doing one too. :)
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Way to go! I am also doing our Turkey Run this year. I run on the treadmill all the time, but this will be my first event to participate in. I am doing it with a bunch of family so I am excited.
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    thats awesome there is so many of us doing turkey trots this year!!! I know I can't run a 5k but even walk / jogging it will be fun and having both of our girls there with us will be awesome!! =) I'm pretty excited!!
This discussion has been closed.