hi everyone!

Options
Hello Pals,

I have to ask that I am eating less and healthy and doing cardio, walk for around 60 mins and 30 mins stationary cycling for 4 days but my weight didn't budge :( am I getting hasty about results? I am 28 years female weighing 231 lbs on 5'4'' height. When you think I will see the weight drop?

Replies

• snooziebunny
    snooziebunny Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Are you measuring too? All that exercise sounds amazing, and if food is being recorded accurately you should be seeing a change.... but just remember muscle is 3 times heavier than fat, so you may see a difference in the inches rather than the scales, but sometimes it just takes a week or 2 for the scales to catch up. There is a part of MFP where you can record you measurements too - which is really useful xx :flowerforyou:
  • AnumSattar
    AnumSattar Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks dear for such a nice reply :) maybe I am losing in inches. I check them. I will wait for a week to see the change in scale..
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Are you logging calories? If not, it's easy to go over. Often people exercise, feel hungry, and eat more without even realizing it. The key to weight loss is eating less than you use, and you don't know you're doing that if you aren't logging accurately.

Also, if the exercise is new/newly increased, you may be retaining water. That can take a week or two to ease off, and potentially it can mask any weight loss. (Make sure you're drinking plenty, too!)

Finally, it's been 4 days. You have to give it time. Plan on being in this for the long haul and expect to lose about 2 pounds a week on average. And while you're at it check out this link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=sexypants

There's a lot of really good information there for making this a lasting change. :happy:
  • AnumSattar
    AnumSattar Posts: 13
    Options
    You are right!!!
    Thank you so much for the precious article you share :happy:
  • cmpink1496
    cmpink1496 Posts: 3
    Options
    I would try HIIT workouts and cut out all processed foods and drink all water and NSA tea thats what helps me