Accurate Scales

Options
I've been using the EatSmart Digital Scale fro the last few months (http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Bathroom-Capacity-Technology/dp/B001KXZ808), and used to live and breathe by that scale! At the time, my whole apartment was hardwood flooring and the readings seemed to be generally accurate, if not normal fluctuation.

I've recently moved into a new apartment and it is all carpeted, minus the kitchen and bathroom which are both tiled and seem to not work well with the scale. In the matter of five minutes (simply me stepping on the scale, stepping off, allowing it to reset, and stepping back on) I can fluctuate nearly four pounds. So, I'm thinking of switching to a more friendly scale against tile!

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding accurate scales? I also measure and take photos of myself every two weeks for a better idea of my losing and toning, but I really depend on the scale to keep me on target!

Replies

• BookMaven79
    BookMaven79 Posts: 41
    Options
    The floor probably isn't level. Find a piece of wood, use a level to shim it so it is level and won't rock, and set your scale on that.
  • cmoncmonshake
    cmoncmonshake Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'll try it out!
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Do you leave your scale in one place?

I have FitBit's Aria and I was confused at first about how off my weight seemed, but then I figured out that when you pick it up- you need to "reset" it which means putting it down, stepping on it, stepping off and repeating until you get identical weights (with mine it's generally two pounds higher on first go and then the next two match.
  • cmoncmonshake
    cmoncmonshake Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I normally don't leave it out - my bathroom isn't big enough to leave it in the same place (I take it out and then push it back underneath my sink), but I do make sure to line it up on the same tiles when I weigh myself. I'll try to step on it and allow it to reset itself this week, and see if there's any difference! :) Thanks!