New to the group

Options
Hi My name is Jeannie, i found this website yesterday while searching for a way to track everything i eat. I am 30yr old mother of a 5 yr old. a few years ago i lost my job and decided to stay at home with my daughter and 2 years later i woke up 20lbs heavier :-/
for the past year i've been eating pretty healthy with the ocassional food binge and i have managed to lose 12 lbs. I grew up eating spanish food which is high in everything, calories, sodium, fat, cholesterol you name it and it has it, but its sooo good and its the reason why it has been so hard for me to transition to eating 100% healthy. My goal is to lose 10 to 15 lbs and understand the way my body works with different foods i eat, I have only been using the tools on this website 1 day and im really liking it, i also like to do everything as a group i.e. exersice, diet etc. Hope yo find the support form all of you.

thanks

Jeannie :-)

Replies

• lola99
    lola99 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi, I just joined to though I have a bit more to lose than you. Good luck to you, I know we can do this!
  • sbwildman
    Options
    you're going to love this site! everyone is so supportive! good luck!
  • AndreaaMD
    Options
    Hey!
    My name is Andrea and I just joined the site. So far it's a great place to be. I am in a similar situation except minus the child and add a vigorous college schedule.
    Take care!
  • tamatama
    Options
    Hello. I just joined today too and hope that this will be a good experience.. I've been heavy since I can remember. I've never reached a time in my life where I am 100% happy/satisfied with the way I look. Except maybe during elementary school.

My goal is to loose 25lbs. before my 28th birthday (thats many months away).

I usually have good motivation, but I get discouraged when I do not see a change after 3 or 4 months. I hope this will give me the sustained motivation I need because I'm done with being big and done with my fluctuating exercise efforts.
  • lawgrl
    lawgrl Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello everyone! I've been tracking my food/exercise for a few weeks now and I was checking other areas out and thought I would introduce myself. My name is Nicole and I am the mother of a 9 year old daughter. I exercise frequently; running and weight training, however, I have had a goal of competing (fitness) in the back of my mind for many years now. I turned 31 in August and I have decided it's time to get down to business....eat clean and work my butt off in the gym. Best of luck to everyone with your goals :)