Grapes
    Baby bel cheese
    Greek yogurt
    Carrot sticks with greek yogurt ranch dip
    Celery sticks with PB
    Popcorn
    Hard boiled eggs
    Rice cakes

^whatever that heavenly looking being advised.
  • laurapresley
    laurapresley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am one of those people who could live on potato chips, so I have to pack snacks to stay healthier. I have small containers that fit perfect in most lunch boxes. I usually pack at least 2 snacks, one sweet and one salty. Sweet is usually an easy to measure fruit like apples, grapes, etc. My salty is usually almonds, pistachios, or kashi hummus crisps. Occasionally, I'll pack hard boiled eggs with a bit of black pepper. Baby bel lights are great.
  • JennyJ2015
    JennyJ2015 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    almonds are great blue diamond has a lot of flavors too !
  • wiss22
    wiss22 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love popcorn with some olive oil drizzled on it. I got an air-popper for Christmas - I love it! This is my go-to snack.

I'm also a fan of almonds - I like the raw, unsalted ones from Aldi. Especially with some string cheese.

When I'm feeling reckless, I have a serving of oyster crackers with a serving of chocolate chips. Not the best, nutrition-wise, but I find that the salty/sweet combination curbs my sweet tooth sometimes!
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Pretty much what everyone else has said - life would be tough for me without cheese sticks and baby carrots.
    Hard boiled eggs are a good boost as well.
    On days when I am busy, I will drink a protein shake (atkins or whatever is on sale - even sometimes glucerna even though it is for diabetics because they make a butter pecan that is very tasty) - not the best nutrition wise but in a pinch, it will do. Many of them are packed with sugar but they tend to fill me up. I always add a cheese stick and some fruit to round it out. If I had time, I would make my own smoothie but most days there is no time. Looking forward for when the garden comes in for all kinds of good salads.
    "Girl" bars too - Luna Bars, etc - another good in a pinch. Has been my lunch more times than it should but again, the lesser of many evils.
    Check out the lemon Fibars - they are delicious.
    Yogurt - another go to for me. Greek or otherwise, I am not that picky but the Greek has more protein and fills me up longer.

In the past, I would reach for chips or candy - now, I am more likely to reach for a yogurt or cheese stick. And always the carrots - love the darn things.

And had ice cream for breakfast the other day - really. It was taking up room in the freezer, there was only a half cup left and truthfully it kept me going all morning.
  • DeputyWoody
    DeputyWoody Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What about Pork Rinds. They are low calorie and no fat, but as it is fried skin...it always seemed wrong. Lol

Also are pickles okay or are they too sodium filled. I love dill pickles!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Apples and peanut butter, crackers and hummus, or homemade guacamole with Food Should Taste Good tortilla chips are always good snacks!
  • MagicalGiraffe
    MagicalGiraffe Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I found a site with some nice low calorie popcorn recipes, http://www.theyummylife.com/Healthy_Microwave_Popcorn The first part of the site probably has a fair bit of broscience on it but the recipes are easy to follow and have nice results.

Made some of the cinnamon popcorn last night, comes to just under 100 cals per 2cup bag. Was super easy to make!:

oAzWopG.jpg