the scale?

Options
I always get this wrong.. When should you weigh yourself for the most accurate number? I want to get it right b/c I know your weight can change in pounds during the day..

Replies

• kate205gti
    kate205gti Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself first thing in the morning before ive eaten or drank anything wearing just my night slip, mainly coz thats usually the lowest figure! i dont go near the scales any other time of day!
  • JustJessie
    JustJessie Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    To be most consistant weigh yourself in the morning right after you go to the bathroom but before you eat or drink anything.
  • JerryRW
    JerryRW Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ditto, but without the slip of course. LOL
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself any time you choose. The tricks are to weigh yourself at the same time of day each time (your lowest weight will be in the morning, just after getting up and using the bathroom), in the same state of dress/undress, don't weigh every day, and don't weigh immediately after eating something you feel guilty about eating... give yourself time to get back on track.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    first thing in the morning, after a good nights sleep.

If I dont sleep well, I weigh more!

Just thought I'd mention that in case you have a sleepless night worrying about your weigh in :wink:

Even after drinking a cup of tea, you will weigh 2 lbs more, so dont eat or drink anyting before you weigh :bigsmile:

I weigh every day and have enjoyed figuring out all the things that make my weight fluctuate, but this isnt for the faint hearted!!

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • mamxo22
    mamxo22 Posts: 84
    Options
    i work at a gym, and one of the personal trainers told me (weird) but to weigh in the morning right after you pee. thats the most accurate weight.
  • babygirlrere
    Options
    IM WITH THE OTHERS WHO SAID WEIGHIN IN THE MORNING BEFORE EATTING OR DRINKING AND AFTER YOUR BATHROOM VISIT....
  • mkcole
    mkcole Posts: 46
    Options
    So everyone else has already said this but in the morning, after you do your business (lol) but before you eat, and preferably in the buff.

Also for the most accurate results just weigh yourself once a week the same day/time weekly.