2»

Replies

• newjennifer38
    Options
    I have a fit it I like it...:smile:
  • MammaC66
    MammaC66 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have a flex and love it. I have had no issues with it counting arm movement as extra steps, I have purposely added extra arm movemens in order to see for myself if this is really an issue and my flex didn't count any of them.
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I have the One for most of the reasons listed above. I have put a small amount of Velcro in the case and on the back of teh ne just to help keep it in the holder (having lost my first one whilst running as it wasn't in properly). I also have threaded a big safety pin through the case so I can clip & pin it to my bra/ pocket (goes on my pocket for running as it rubbed when on my sports bra).
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I got the One as it has a display while the flex hasn't! It is in fact the same as the force just with a clip. It comes with a strap for tracking sleep, but I got myself another one that people use for running, to keep their keys in. Much more comfortable.
    Stef.
  • vickiem74
    vickiem74 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love my Flex. And I have had very little issue with it over counting my steps. I set it to my dominant arm but actually wear it on my nondominant.
  • braves1girl
    braves1girl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have the One and I love it!!! I've had ti for over a year and haven't had any complaints. I prefer it over the Flex as I wear bracelets and I think it would clash. Silly, huh? Along with my HRM, it was the best $100 I've ever spent! Good luck!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I had decided I was going to by the Flex today, but after reading this I'm not sure! I work with computers all day, and I don't want my typing to count as steps....or housework either!

Decisions, Decisions!

The only thing I have found that counts as "false steps" is when I crochet and wind some yarn using my left hand. Typing on the computer and any other general housework hasn't come across as artificially inflated. Definitely not the typing. I have sat down to the computer and gone an hour without recording any steps.
  • BMK1986
    BMK1986 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone that has been weighing in. I've been looking into this as of late and am now leaning towards the One :)
  • I_love_to_ride
    Options
    I have the flex. It never leaves my wrist except to charge it.
  • earlnabby
    Options
    I was debating between the two also but I got the flex because it can be worn in water. My main exercise is a water aerobics class.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    My sister said she wore hers on her bra, but her um...."jiggle"....registered extra steps. LOL!

That's funny!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I am thinking of getting myself a FitBit, I looked on their website and it looks as if both of these models have all of the same specifications. Which model do you guys use? Which is better?

Get the one. The flex gives you more steps then you really did because it gets effected by hand movement...
  • stefaniem76
    stefaniem76 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have had the One and the Force. I liked the force, though I felt the One calculated more accurately. My problem with the Force was I was one of those who had a bad reaction to it (rash). They told me the Flex would have the same issue, so I just went back to using my One. If you have an allergies to nickel or sensitive skin, you may want to go with the One.
  • McGuireTO
    McGuireTO Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I had decided I was going to by the Flex today, but after reading this I'm not sure! I work with computers all day, and I don't want my typing to count as steps....or housework either!

Decisions, Decisions!

I'm a programmer. I wear a flex. Typing is too subtle to count as a step. So is drinking coffee, unless you're so wired you're splashing it all over yourself.
    So you're covered
  • McGuireTO
    McGuireTO Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have had the One and the Force. I liked the force, though I felt the One calculated more accurately. My problem with the Force was I was one of those who had a bad reaction to it (rash). They told me the Flex would have the same issue, so I just went back to using my One. If you have an allergies to nickel or sensitive skin, you may want to go with the One.

I have allergies to nickle and the Flex is fine with me. The Flex has not been responsible for skin irritations the same way the Force has been.
  • earlnabby
    Options

I have allergies to nickle and the Flex is fine with me. The Flex has not been responsible for skin irritations the same way the Force has been.

The skin rashes were caused by the metal of the charging area being in contact with the skin since the Force was a one piece item. The flex is a removable unit inserted into a wristband so only the plastic of the unit and the silicone of the wristband come in contact with your skin.