Weight Measurements

AndreaaMD
AndreaaMD Posts: 3
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
QUICK QUESTION:

Does anyone have two weight reports?!? By that I mean, you have one weight at the Dr's office (on the manual scale), but you are a different weight at home (on the electric scale)??

Can you help me understand the discrepancy?

[I don't want to get too excited.]

Replies

• i have three one at my gym one at my doc, and one at home. i mean the only differs can be the time of the day what you are wearing. there never no differ then by 3 to 4 pounds between each other. the scale can be so misleading sometimes so i really would not get hunged up on it. it just a scale inches always look better.
  • BK120
    BK120 Posts: 107
    I have the same issue but don't know what causes this. I weigh heavier at the doctor by 4 pounds.
  • hartsmart
    hartsmart Posts: 141 Member
    i have a very old scale (from the '60s, i think!) at home. sometimes i will weigh myself at my mon/tues job at the veterinary office on the big dog scale. there is usually a 2 pound difference!! i think scales are just calibrated differently. that is why they have the department of weights and measures go around to businesses that weigh things for sale...to keep everyone at the same 'calibration'.
    any explanation other than that...i don't know.
  • sjd2010
    sjd2010 Posts: 106
    The difference is what you have put into your mouth: drink and food and what leaves the body. That can account for the difference. I only weigh once per week on my scale, first thing in the morning after going to the restroom. That is the only weight I am ever concerned with. :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.