On the road.......finally

Options
riffraff2112
riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
Have never shown anyone my 'before' pics. However I know the importance of sharing and support so here goes.

I am on the road to a better me, one where I can like what I see in the mirror, and one full of confidence, energy and passion. Its been two tough months, but I am finding every day easier and easier as I build good habits and routines.

The stats breakdown:
I am 46 years old, and this January I weighed about 240lbs (didn't own a scale), and I decided it was time to do something about it. I took a before picture and started to eat better, tried to exercise a little, and became conscious that I had a problem. I dropped a few lbs but was having a tough time committing.

I March, I remembered the MFP app that my brother showed me. I starting using it, purchase a scale, and came up with a plan. I can't tell you how important this app has been in my results. In the past two months I have lost twenty pounds, and presently weigh 208lbs.

I reached my goal (lose 25lbs), but realize that I can do so much better. I still have a lot of 'flab' that I hope to do something about.

I am addicted to exercise, and weight training and have learned to love the healthy food I choose to eat. My new goal is to get under 200lbs. Perhaps I'll take a shot at 190!?

What I do:
Eat five small meals a day, averaging about 1800cals per day. Haven't had fast food, or junk food in two months! No Pop, No chips, No fries, No candy....I was never a big sugar person anyway so it wasn't a great sacrifice!

Lift weights often. I work construction part-time (I am also a high school teacher), so I get plenty of weight training which replaces my workouts most days!

Get as much cardio as my schedule permits. I am more focussed on the weight training right now, but perhaps when my schedule lightens up at work I will refocus on running/biking more. Only so much energy in the tank so to speak, and after building a fence or deck all day, there just isn't any energy left for jogging or cycling.

Anyway, feel free to contact me, I can always use more friends who are dedicated and willing to share inspiration, support, advice etc.

I am not yet where I want to be, but I wake up with the target in mind everyday, and know I will get there!
Take care everyone

2fda8e21-80db-4eaa-aa8e-53efab467148_zpsf0c53a91.jpg
ba426667-6b69-4e9d-91e3-5304effdece6_zpsdff5e4a3.jpg

Replies

• Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Keep it up.
  • cmbauer99
    cmbauer99 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    great JOB!!
  • awinner_au
    awinner_au Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Keep it up. How tall are you?
  • golf4g
    golf4g Posts: 58
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the good work!
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    5'9".
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Great progress! My SO is kind of similar....cut out junk food (chips, fast food, 2 bottles of soda a day, etc.) and he's also slimmed down by about 30 pounds now. Sometimes it's those healthy choices that kickstart the weight loss :) I wish you continued success!
  • La_Malfaisante
    La_Malfaisante Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the great work
  • grrrlwonder
    grrrlwonder Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Great work! You look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!