Changing friends

Options
Changing friends

Over the years food has always been there for me when I’m sad it comforted me. When I was angry it made me feel happy. It was always at every celebration I ever went to every birthday, wedding, every holiday! I really don’t think that any more or at least I am trying to see it in a different way. Food is something I must eat to survive it gives me energy; and too much of it makes me fat. It is time I realized that food is not my friend. It is time to make a new friend. My new best friend is going to be exercise, it definitely makes me feel better when I am down and gives me loads of energy. It is a great way to burn off my angry rather than saying things I don’t mean out of anger. I no longer want food to be the way I celebrate significant events in my life. I can’t change the people around me and tell them hey no cake at the blah blah blah event. I can change what I do for my special days. From this day forward on my birthday I want to go do something active bowling, walking, SHOPPING!! Being a vegetarian has helped me in many ways to make right choice when going to friends houses for meals. When my husband and I travel I have been taking my own meals with me or going to the grocery store and getting my salad fixings’. I also want to turn more to my family and dear friends the ones that have loved me at 300lbs and at 150lbs. The friends that encourage me and support me in what ever I do. I love you all and oh yeah meet my new best friend EXERCISE!!! You will be seeing a lot of that around, join in if you want.

Replies

• florasweets
    florasweets Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    nice to meet you!! I'm celebrating a change of habit and friendships as well. I do find myself slipping at times but not far enough to fall..

Good luck to you in your journey!
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's when you slip back into old habits that you realize those habits or practices were NOT your friend at all! They were never really there for you; they never were good for you; and they NEVER helped you in any way! Maybe a little slip every now and then is just a bit of reassurance that you are not going to befriend the old habit again......

Exercise is a fabulous friend! :)
  • maryrshstattoo
    maryrshstattoo Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I just see so many people including me using food for a crutch and that is so very bad. I need a different life one that I dream about and being over weight and lazy and hurting is not it. I am chosing a different path.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Love the metaphorical transformation! Food is a necessary evil. Exercise has always been my friend, only I was away from that friend for 4 years. Long distance relationships do not work out. lol Good luck!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!