I don't own a scale...

Options
13»

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    My kids lost all of my sewing measuring tapes, so I just use a piece of ribbon and a yardstick. One tip: when measuring your waist, do it in front of a mirror so you can look straight ahead. Glancing down adds an inch or two to the measurement.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    In the past i used to nip into my doctors at their lunch break on a Monday and they would happily let me get on the scales

Now i pay 50p once a month and get weighed at boots which are regularly calibrated

It doesn't matter if the scales your using arnt 100% accurate so long as your weighing in on the same scales each time
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    @vardaemi- Good advice on the looking at a mirror thing. Makes me want to remeasure-but I ususally do it around the 15th!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I have next to no money and I know the cheap $15 scales are inaccurate, that's why I don't own one. Thanks for the sarcastic rudeness though. :)

Inaccurate? What does it matter as long as they are consistent. Your wii balance board on the carpet will work fine...doesn't matter if its 10 pounds off from your "True" weight whatever that means as long as you can track your trend with it thats all that is needed.

This.

My scale cost $3.99 at a local pharmacy. Supposedly it's worth $40 but they were having a promotion...who really cares. I am looking to track a trend.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    a weight loss consultant i was sent to see for a few months used these special feet on her scales when weighing me in her carpeted office. she forgot to bring them one time ( she saw clients at her home too ) she decided it would be a great idea to put her scales on top of her desk and make me climb up there to stand on it

gave people walking past her office window a good chuckle
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    I brought a $10.00 scale from Walmart over two years ago. It works just fine. I agree that it's only the trend you need. Stores like Dollar General, Family Dollar, and thrift stores have scales for about $10 or less. Furthermore, a scale only generates a number but doesn't account for body composition (fat, bone, water and muscle). Therefore, don't allow the fact that you don't have a scale deter your efforts. You don’t need a bunch of fancy gadgets and equipment to lose weight. If you feel the need to weigh yourself, consider going to your doctor’s office once a month and ask to use the scale. You don’t need to see the doctor or nurses, just ask the people at the front desk. Do the best you can until you get a scale but focus more on creating and sticking to your overall plan like eating less and moving more.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Buy a tape measure and use that to track progress. That along with how your clothes fit and taking progress pics is the most accurate way to go.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Who cares about the scale! It cause mental problems anyway. Just use a measuring tape and go by how your clothes are fitting.

Yes and take progress pics.

There you go, no money, then no scale needed.

Edit to add: P.S. - if you must have one then try a yard sale or craigslist for one.