My F11 Just arrived!

Options
msarro
msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
Just got back to my cube and there was a big priority mail box here waiting for me. Now to figure out how to use this beast! Just think, with the help of this thing I'll soon look like one of those Greek God statues :laugh:

Replies

• msarro
    Options
    Just got back to my cube and there was a big priority mail box here waiting for me. Now to figure out how to use this beast! Just think, with the help of this thing I'll soon look like one of those Greek God statues :laugh:
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Congrats. You will love it, I love mine.
    :drinker:
  • msarro
    Options
    Congrats. You will love it, I love mine.
    :drinker:

Right now I'm not sure if love is the right word.... I just found out I have the cardiovascular fitness of a 52 year old :grumble:

lol
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I love mine so much I named it Watchz00rs.

Gonna name yours? :flowerforyou:
  • msarro
    Options
    Right now it is "devil machine that says I'm 52"

When it helps me feel better it'll get a new name :laugh:
  • arubabound
    arubabound Posts: 51
    Options
    ok...so what exactly is a F11?
  • msarro
    Options
    Its a Polar F11 Heart Rate Monitor :)
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    An F11 is a brand of heart rate monitor by Polar. I use the F6 because it's all I need but the F11 is really nice from what I hear.

I would suggest looking into both, they're pretty accurate for calories burned during exercise and heart rate levels.
  • msarro
    Options
    Ok, so I set up my F11 with an improvement plan, and it has me doing 4 sessions a week, 2 normal length, one short, and one long. I did one of the normal sessions today - 40 minutes. I just did some running in place, and light aerobics while I was watching tv.

First, my resting heart rate is about 58-59. Within a minute of exercising my monitor was beeping at me to lower my heart rate because it had gone up to 179 bpm. Is that an indicator that my heart is really, REALLY out of shape?

The upside of course is that once I got it up there, it was easy to keep my heart in 'the zone' just by switching from walking in place to some light aerobics. I completely missed the whole light zone though.

Second, according to the polar site, my daily caloric need is 3172... thats a TON higher than I would have thought. Does that seem really high to anyone else? My weight is currently 245, and I'm 5'7. According to MFP I should be eating about 1580 to be losing 2 pounds a week. The numbers don't seem to quite add up.

Anyone a bit more experienced with their polars who can help me?

As a side note, the whole polar soniclink thing is cool as heck!
  • msarro
    Options
    bump for a response to my last comment :)

Been using the HRM religiously since I got it (though this weekend is a black smudge on my record - college graduation, a ton of food and drinking).
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I set up my F11 with an improvement plan, and it has me doing 4 sessions a week, 2 normal length, one short, and one long. I did one of the normal sessions today - 40 minutes. I just did some running in place, and light aerobics while I was watching tv.

First, my resting heart rate is about 58-59. Within a minute of exercising my monitor was beeping at me to lower my heart rate because it had gone up to 179 bpm. Is that an indicator that my heart is really, REALLY out of shape?

The upside of course is that once I got it up there, it was easy to keep my heart in 'the zone' just by switching from walking in place to some light aerobics. I completely missed the whole light zone though.

Second, according to the polar site, my daily caloric need is 3172... thats a TON higher than I would have thought. Does that seem really high to anyone else? My weight is currently 245, and I'm 5'7. According to MFP I should be eating about 1580 to be losing 2 pounds a week. The numbers don't seem to quite add up.

Anyone a bit more experienced with their polars who can help me?

As a side note, the whole polar soniclink thing is cool as heck!

Ok, as far as caloric need - mine is much higher too. I wore the thing for 7 hours, did the math and came up with like 2500-3000 calories a day. Which seemed really high, so I ignored it and went with mfp.

Your resting HR is really good. Mine has always been on the high side - when I was your age, it was about 85. It's now in the high 60s - so I'm quite proud.
    Did you warm up before exercising? You should anyway, but sometimes that will help your HR to go up more slowly. I know that if I did a minute of jumping jacks, my HR would go way up too. A warm up could be walking, active stretching or marching, etc.

I haven't played with my polar that much - I don't know about this soniclink you mention - what is it?
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    How much did you pay for your F11?? Where did you get it? Thanks!!! :flowerforyou:
  • msarro
    Options
    I actually got it off ebay for 110$ shipped. The seller had it listed in new packaging but the UPC had been cut off... I figured I just wouldn't answer any questions :)

Thanks for the heads up about the caloric intake and the heart rates. I'm just worried because I seem to spend most of my exercise time above my target heart rate.
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    I would say the heart rate indicated is quiet good. resting heart rate of 58 - 59 is very good, (i have been told to measure it in the morning before getting out of bed). When the heart is fit an healthy it will very quickly go from resting to 90% of capacity or what ever. A fit person heart will quickly get to working speeds then quickly recover to rest speed. btw i have an f11 and i like it apart from the chest strap, its a bit of a pain sometimes as if i don't put it on just right it'll roll down my back while training lol