My first Zumba class was AMAZING!

Options
EEEEEP! Im really excited! I was soooo nervousi about going to Zumba, and it seriously was the funnest workout ive ever done. I was sweating like a hog! I mean, sweat between legs, on my butt, and i wore GRAY pants, so it was soooo visible, but anyways! Our instructor was so nice, she helped me modify some of the moves.

&&& BEST PART, I GOT A 5 DAY CARD. so i can workout for 5 days again! WOOOT!

Replies

• megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Thats great!!! :flowerforyou:

YEP ZUMBA IS AWESOME!!! I have been doing it for a while now and I recommend it to everyone!!! I love zumba....:love:

My MFP friends call me "Zumba Queen" hahahahaha! :drinker:
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Sounds like so much fun! Im going to start Zumba once my husband is home from deployment I can't wait to be able to get out and do something for myself...Where do you go for your Zumba class ?
  • fun_mom
    fun_mom Posts: 54
    Options
    They have Zumba classes through my town's park district and I sign up for them every time they offer them. I love love love Zumba. You do sweat like crazy and I've noticed not only the good work out but that I feel more flexible in my hips and it gives me a sexy walk! LOL
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options

haha, I knew you would have something to say about this post! ;)
  • vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Love ZUMBA!

But I haven't had time to go much.... :ohwell:
  • MonicaS29
    Options
    I love love LOVE zumba too!! I take it as often as I can at my gym and I also lead a class for fun at work on our lunch hour! It is the best cardio class!
  • tenessaa
    tenessaa Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Just got back from my class tonight! I've been going 2 days a week and I'd love to go more! It kicks my butt and amps me up at the same time!
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I have the DVD's amd do it at home - never been to a class. I love the workout and can only imagine how much fun it is doing it in a group atmosphere.. :laugh:
  • honeybee709
    honeybee709 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Something really cool that hasn't been officially announced yet...Zumba just signed a partnership with Curves and in January they will begin to hold Curves Circuit with Zumba classes...it's the same Zumba you love that kicks your sweaty butt, but they're adding strength training to it to burn even more calories and up your strength! It's going to be awesome! I got to try it at the Curves Convention a few weeks ago...best workout I have EVER had in my life! (I'm 24 and I own a Curves in Minnesota)
  • megsta21
    Options

haha, I knew you would have something to say about this post! ;)

Shoooooooosh!!!! :tongue: hahahaha at least they will know im not lying! LOL :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • megsta21
    Options
    Sounds like so much fun! Im going to start Zumba once my husband is home from deployment I can't wait to be able to get out and do something for myself...Where do you go for your Zumba class ?

Here is how you find Zumba classes in your area.... :drinker:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/126948-how-to-find-a-zumba-class-near-you?hl=how+to+find+zumba#posts-1723323
  • Jarreduniverse
    Jarreduniverse Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I went to my first class today and loved it! I had been wanting to do sign up for some sort of dance class, but my gym membership is costly enough. I was kind of nervous about going to the class as I assumed that it would be populated with the older soccer mom type who got sick of jazzercise. :-P I'm 25 and don't have any friends who have ever gone to a Zumba class...if I could use that as an excuse.
    I walked into the class, saw people of all types (even a couple guys in there) and everyone was ready for a good time. Man, is that class rough. I had a blast, but I was so sweaty I might has well have been on the treadmill the whole time.
    The instructor even had belly dancing moves (which I didn't expect) which I loved since I used to take belly dancing classes before I moved to a different state.

I can't wait to go to another one!