SuperMorbidlyObese to Triathlete (pic heavy)

Options

Replies

• purplemystra
    purplemystra Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. I'm just startng out on a journey to lose 200 pounds. I'm down 10 so far after my first 3 weeks. You are an inspiration. :)
  • classypony
    classypony Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    WOW! I am in awe of your achievement AND your spirit! Congratulations!!!!! I'm down 32+ lbs and need to lose another 60-ish. Whenever I feel low I'm going to look up this post again for inspiration. Thank you so much for sharing your story.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all. Here's my update: Today I did the Aquabike portion of the Tri for Old Glory. My knees are acting up and the doc and I agreed that Aquabike duathlons are the best option for me for the time being. I enjoyed the swim and passed several swimmers along the way. The bike ride was tough, as the various injuries, fear of clipping, and new-relationshipitis made me a little lazy, but the tri bug has taken its hold back on me so I'll be getting back into it while I get ready for the Wurst Tri Ever in September. Thank you all for the positive feedback, and to all the newbies that have commented feeling like they are facing the unachievable, it's not. You CAN do it, just don't give up. Setbacks happen. When they do, you do what you can, and you regather your focus. There is nothing special about me. Well, I am a special snowflake and my mommy loves me, but I'm not doing anything that can't be done with the right amount of determination. Good luck!
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You look amazing.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!
  • Vanessa6122
    Vanessa6122 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!! Amazing!! You look great and should be sooooo proud of all that you have achieved!!! You're truly an inspiration to ALL!! Keep it up! I can't wait to see all of your progress!! I gotta send you a friend request!!
  • Kikilarue59
    Kikilarue59 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Oh. Wow, What a Story. You are so motivational .

Congratulations on your incredible progress. Love to hear stories like yours. And also great that you are working on getting so physically fit.

Thanks, for your post.
    JoAnna:flowerforyou:
  • Finn239
    Finn239 Posts: 5
    Options
    I needed to read that today; thank you!!!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!!
  • marise1113
    marise1113 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Wonderful You !!:smile:
  • VRODJOHN
    VRODJOHN Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well Done!
  • deemszmli
    deemszmli Posts: 15
    Options
    Wow! Amazing!
    This is nothing short of miracles.
  • Mapanggulo
    Mapanggulo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Found your thread when I was searching for postings about Team RWB. You've made some seriously fantastic progress and I like the fact that you wore the eagle on your jump.

Skydiving is an item on my bucket-list, it's something I couldn't do when I was in the military and something I couldn't do because of my weight. Right now I'm probably just under the limit (depending on their scales) but I refuse to pay more just because I way more and will be jumping next year! I'm also going to be wearing the eagle when I do jump!! Hope to run with my local chapter next year too.

Matt
    Team RWB - Wichita
  • Muzik14
    Options
    Congrats! Makes me wanna keep going!
  • CortneyZimm
    CortneyZimm Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Great job; very inspiring! Reading posts like these really keep me going when I feel far from my goals.
  • warriorguy
    Options
    Congrats...keep at it and maintain...no gain.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    Speechless...

Superb effort!
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing!
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Very inspiring for those of us that are working towards getting healthier. Thank you for sharing!
  • Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Awesome story - took me 2 years to take off my 90lb to get from Obese 2 to the upper end of a "Normal" BMI, but today I managed to put up a competitive time in my first intermediate/olympic triathlon (finishing faster than average for my age group).

Although the folks on the podium tend to be at the lower end of normal (3-8% BF is common among elite/professional ironmen), and I definitely have a ways to go on the fitness & bodyfat front, it is nice going from finishing at the back of the pack in my first 5k (at 13 minutes/mile) two years ago to just being an average olympic/intermediate distance competitor doing 30 second 25M laps, biking at 20mph, and running at 8.5 minute/miles.

If you can continue the journey and put in the necessary mileage, I'm sure you'll soon enough be climbing up the standings at your next few races.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!