SuperMorbidlyObese to Triathlete (pic heavy)

Options

Replies

• brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much y'all. Thanks to my MFPeeps who have chimed in, and Twinnie, I am so taking you up on that tri, come on down to Texas, we'll swim, bike, and powerwalk our way to another beautiful medal whenever you are ready.

Seriously, whether you're just starting off, u have a long way to go, or have physical limitations that get in the way from time to time (or all the time), DON'T GIVE UP. I'm not doing this to look good (although I do look better), I'm doing this to LIVE the life I've always wanted. It IS possible!
  • Omoe11
    Omoe11 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You should be really proud of yourself...Great job!!
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: awesome and congrats!!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You are an inspiration. Keep on keeping on and glad you can grab life with both hands now.
  • losingles
    losingles Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :flowerforyou: :love:
  • celinetmika
    celinetmika Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Well done! that is truly amazing!!
  • NorthWoodsLee
    NorthWoodsLee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Fantastic story! Very inspiring! I intend to use it to get back on track after slipping back after my own 100-pound loss.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Congrats and welcome to the tri community!
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    AMAZING. very inspirational and thank you so much for sharing Congrats
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Awesome Congrats! I am glad to see someone who was overweight as me and have loose skin! You mean that lotion aint working?
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I don't know about lotion....I've just been doing a healthy mixture of cardio and strength training. I had loose and flabby skin before that was stuffed with fat cells. Now it's stuffed with more muscle than the other stuff.

I didn't have surgery to lose it but I'm more than willing to have surgery to remove the excess skin....if I can afford it. Until then, the loose skin on my thighs applauds my efforts everywhere I go and my built-in wings may have made skydiving a little easier.

Seriously though, fearing loose skin is the lamest excuse ever not to make the changes to live healthier. I actually have a friend who claims she doesn't want to lose weight/get healthy because of the potential for excess skin. I say get busy living or get busy dying. You know which one I chose.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I don't know about lotion....I've just been doing a healthy mixture of cardio and strength training. I had loose and flabby skin before that was stuffed with fat cells. Now it's stuffed with more muscle than the other stuff.

I didn't have surgery to lose it but I'm more than willing to have surgery to remove the excess skin....if I can afford it. Until then, the loose skin on my thighs applauds my efforts everywhere I go and my built-in wings may have made skydiving a little easier.

Seriously though, fearing loose skin is the lamest excuse ever not to make the changes to live healthier. I actually have a friend who claims she doesn't want to lose weight/get healthy because of the potential for excess skin. I say get busy living or get busy dying. You know which one I chose.

I agree 100%! I was being sarcastic about the loose skin, I am blown away by the amt of people who say on rub some lotion it. lol After losing 124 pds and being overweight my whole life no lotion is going to work for me! Ill take the skin anyday over being 330pds again!!! I wish so badly I could get the surgery but I know that will never happen and I have accepted that! I did the damage I pay the price!
  • breeezy1030
    breeezy1030 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wow, from Super Morbidly Obese to Super Inspirational Triathlete! Thanks for the encouraging post! You look fantastic!
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all your success Brookie! Through the good days and sometimes not so good days, you inspire me daily. I'm so glad you made this post to let others see what your pals already know, Brookie is awesome!

Keep up the great work my friend!
  • shellzoo5
    shellzoo5 Posts: 2
    Options
    Amazing!!! Congrats you look great and your an inspiration!
  • peonycarol
    peonycarol Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    To me and many others here on MFP, you DO wear a cape! You are a Super Hero! I am honored to hear your story!
  • spin27
    spin27 Posts: 1
    Options
    Well done! What an amazing job, congratulations on your success and for believing in yourself!!!
    :smile:
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!! no REALLY I am so very impressed ...you are fantastic, it would be really easy to imagine...well you just HAVE that thing that ATHLETES have, that special thing that I don't have...but HEY you didn't to start with!!! wow just wow :flowerforyou:
  • szeuner
    szeuner Posts: 1
    Options
    Awesome, super happy for you. Please keep it going.
  • 73Laine
    73Laine Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of u!!!!!!! Ur an inspiration to many. so glad to be on ur support team as well. i always enjoy reading ur updates on MFP. Keep up the good work. Ur awesome!!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!