uh just venting!!!

Options
Ok guys so i have been thinking about the holidays all day starting with halloween now i must say im not a big candy eater but if i see a reeses i will tear it down lol!! but a good p90x tip is dont buy ur candy till the day of and make sure u buy the kind u hate!!! now as for thanksgiving OMG there is no way im gonna be able to stay clean unless i just stay home and not visit anybodys house that way i can cook healthy ,Then comes good ole christmas now i can't stay in for christmas i have to visit my mom a give her gifts and stuff and there will be that good ole new orleans style gumbo calling my damn name as i walk in the door uhh !! maybe i will move out of town for the holidays does anybody want a room mate for a few months ? oh goodness i almost forgot about new years i have to have at least a bottle or 2 of wine i cant live with out my pinot grigio !! i swear new orleans is a fat girls dream i feel like charlie in the chocolate factory !! what are u guys gonna do is anybody as worried as me !!

Replies

• Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    You do P90X?
  • iDreamNEON
    Options
    I say indulge a little. Just don't over do it. You can enjoy the foods you want without pigging out on them. You can even adjust your calorie intake for the week to make up for the extra calories you may consume on those days. For Instance if you normally eat 1700 calories a day try only eating 1500 For that entire week before thanksgiving. Then you know you have 1400 calories that you haven't eaten that week. And don't skim on the workouts either. Drink plenty of water to flush out all that sodium and I'm sure you'll survive the holidays =]
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    enjoy my family. I will eat what I want, not as much, and keep moving. You gotta make it work for you. I still eat fat, chocolate, and carbs....just not as much and I move more. You can not be ruled by fear. Food is not your enemy...the addiction to food is the problem, and you are NOT alone. YOu will do way better than you can even imagine. YOu are ready for a change....it is your time. AND......It is time to send ME some of your Mama's gumbo! lol chin up, sweetie.
  • erinup
    erinup Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I look at the holidays the same way I look at gambling - if I break even I win. I keep exercising and am usually able to keep my breakfast and lunch in check. I allow myself a few extras at dinner and only eat a bit of whichever dessert is my real fave (hello pean pie - where have you been all year?) Real life is always out there. We can control ourselves and enjoy ourselves. These two things are not mutually exclusive.

I must say - I may be visiting you for the holidays! Pinot and Gumbo - I'm in!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    We are changing our life not going to prison. As long as you continue to work out and eat right a few days of food enjoyment is ok. Life is tooooo short. Walk hard...run if you can and eat well. This year I wll make one favorite dish per holiday and that will be my treat. I will drink two glasses of water before I eat it. Its been working so far. Vent on...I'll listern:wink:
  • kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever, just in small portions.
    Staying away from restaurants is good to do...
  • precioustypeoflove
    precioustypeoflove Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You do P90X?
    [/quote

no i do insanity im gonna try p90x when i finish!]
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    People normally fail because they don't let themselves have a break when it comes to eating right. It is okay to occasionally eat what you wouldn't normally and a little extra for holidays (Now I don't mean the whole pot of mashed potatoes) lol. Just eat like you would normally on those days and don't worry about cutting calories until after. If you stay the same weight temporarily, oh well. If you gain a pound just go back to eating healthy after and don't sweat it. That is how you eat healthy LONG term. Good Luck!
  • babygirlrere
    Options
    i love to bake for the holidays and i allways look forward to doing it .....but this year im going to bake but most of my sweets will be immediatly taken to friends and family as gifts.. im already preparing......dont get me wrong.... i plan on eating and enjoying myself but im going to be watching my serving sizes.....but as for all the sweets i bake......i am not going to leave all those baked goods sitting around my house calling my name....LOL..... but good luck too all my mfp friends and enjoy what you do eat because calories eaten should be enjoyed...... not just eaten to please the one who makes the food..........great topic.......keep venting ..........
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I am going to tie a bib on and eat out of a trough! I will adjust my previous days to accommodate. If I go over, so be it. I'll keep on going on. One day won't make a difference.
  • amayberry7
    amayberry7 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am fearing the winter pounds myself and in fact have packed on a few and then re-lost just within the last few week Thank god I was able to get back on track...The holidays are hard cause comfort food is BOMB when its cold outside!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    you'll be fine! geez what i wouldn't give for some good 'ol gumbo! you won't eat like you use to, you'll be way to aware of the hard work you've done and what proper portions are...but don't hesitate to lick the stirring spoon lol...every time i see a chocolate bar i figure how many minutes on the stairmaster it would take to burn the chocolate bar off...that's good motivation to put the bar down, i hate the stairmaster lol...stay calm and eat well...Happy American Thanksgiving! (I made it through our thanksgiving ok, ate more than i should one day, the rest was easy)
  • azmomof2
    azmomof2 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I agree with the majority here. I'm going to enjoy it and send anything that will tempt me leftover wise home with the rest of the family! Have a good one!
  • ntp0826
    ntp0826 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    What works for me during holidays is I have just a little of the things I want and I make sure I work out Thanksgiving morning AND the Friday after to balance it out. Like someone said, we're changing our lives not going to prison. Enjoy yourself! Just remember that portion control is the key. Get a small plate instead of a large one and for the holidays if you like baking there are plenty of alternative ways to cook! Enjoy yourself! Don't stress too much! :)
  • dresdenkali
    Options
    Its been touched on, but the holidays to me are like when I take a vacation. I try and moderate my calories to what would be a maintenance level and enjoy myself. Its about moderation and not letting the food control you. Thanksgiving, is going to be hard on me too. I know its going to be hard not to get that 2nd helping of dressing this year, but I can do it.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    You do P90X?
    [/quote

no i do insanity im gonna try p90x when i finish!]

Wow that is impressive, most people start with P90X and then move onto Insanity. What week are you on? I'm on Week #8 (1 more week to go). What do you think of the program?
  • mkcole
    mkcole Posts: 46
    Options
    Just allow yourself to eat your faves just do it in moderation. Unless you plan on skipping these holidays for the rest of your life you have to learn at some point how to control your urges to gobble it all down. I know it's hard, this is my fave time of year for food. haha! You just have to do it in moderation and maybe get in a few extra calories burned during those days/weeks. You can do it and enjoy yourself as well.
  • mkcole
    mkcole Posts: 46
    Options
    What works for me during holidays is I have just a little of the things I want and I make sure I work out Thanksgiving morning AND the Friday after to balance it out. Like someone said, we're changing our lives not going to prison. Enjoy yourself! Just remember that portion control is the key. Get a small plate instead of a large one and for the holidays if you like baking there are plenty of alternative ways to cook! Enjoy yourself! Don't stress too much! :)

Getting a small plate is a good tip. When you have a large plate you feel the need to fill it up so getting a small plate plays that trick on you when it's full that you haven't deprived yourself of anything. It also allows you to get the correct size portions instead of way too much.
  • dartboarddiva
    dartboarddiva Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm seriously trying to cut back on my sugar intake, and I'm alarmed at how much sugar is hiding in foods that I don't consider "sweets." I don't drink soft drinks, don't sweeten my coffee, and still I'm over my goal every day!

Anyway, just venting.

Thanks for listening (reading).
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    My mom and dad and alllll my family is from New Orleans. I grew and cook the food so I feel your pain!!! :laugh: :laugh: I am making gumbo for Thanksgiving!!!

I am not going to deny myself of the good food. But I am only going to give myself that one day of eating and drinking my WINE and I will be going to the gym that morning. After that day it's back on the wagon!!!

Good luck and enjoy the holidays!!!