I'm so hungry...

Options
Lately, I've been exhausted, what with school, symphony practice, piano, art, etc, and I come home so hungry.
Any suggestions on what I could eat that would be filling, give me energy, and not have a ton of calories?

Replies

• jetbax
    jetbax Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    try rice cakes, they're really good, low in calories, and if u want to feel like ur cheating but don't want the extra calories try chesters corn twists, they're low in calories, also hot green tea with sweetener, that has 0 calories.
  • gatedialer
    gatedialer Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal always works for me. I tend to eat that for most of my snacks. Try those instant oatmeal packets from Quaker. I am quite fond of the peaces and creme and they are ~130 calories (w/out milk). I always use water when making my oatmeal, instant or not.
  • erinup
    erinup Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    microwave light popcorn and a big ol' glass of water.
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I try to keep a "sweet" tea on hand (currently it's Tetley Warmth--cinnamon spice with orange flavouring) to ward off cravings for sweet... since it's tea, it has no calories, and it counts as water (yay!). For salt cravings I usually take the hit and have a piece of cheese (mini Babybels are only 60 calories each), because it helps with the need for salt and the protein helps to ward off other cravings. At the end of the day, however, sometimes you just need to eat something (depending on your lifestyle you might burn more calories one day than you realize)... whole-wheat crackers usually carry quite a few calories but they fill me up if I'm actually physically hungry.
  • travelgirl96
    Options
    Make sure that you eat plenty of protein and healthy fats (olive oil, peanut butter, avacado, etc). Chicken and pork are good choices for protein. Your biggest meal should be either breakfast or lunch, never dinner. apples and bananas will help fill your belly for snacks when you get hungry. drink plenty of water too. i usually have a big glass of water before bed to fill up my stomach. remember that when you begin eating less, it takes time for your stomach and your metabolism to adjust so you will get hungrier at first when you start changing or eating habits. keep up the good work.
  • mangorabbit
    mangorabbit Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Veggies are great for being filling and pretty low cal! Also as they take a bit more to break down into sugar than alot of the starchy simple carbs, they help keep you feeling full longer. (I love me some rice cakes, but they don't keep me full for very long w/o peanut butter on them...)

A whole can of green beans is about...88cal I think...so they are a great snack and are healthy!

And as was mentioned perviously - before you eat anything, drink some water! Make sure it is really hunger and not thirst you are feeling. ^_^

Good luck in finding what is best for you!