New(ish) - Australia, Healthy Weight Range

Options
Hi there! I'm Euphy, a 20 year old female who is at the lower end of the healthy weight range who is here to keep an eye on my diet and to pick up some tips from all you pros out there :)
Currently I weigh 100lbs and am about 5 feet tall, I have lost 17 pounds since starting this change.

I'm been on and off MFP for a couple of months now but in the last few weeks have decided to step it up and really start working on 'healthy' not just 'slim'.
In particular, I'm interested in toning my thighs and losing weight from my 'chest' area, which has finally started to happen.
I'm also quite worried about muscle mass - I know, I know, I'm not a man so I don't need to worry about ending up like a body-builder, but I am quite short and have a slight build (29 inch hips and a 26 inch waist... super curvy...not.) so my muscle ends up all bunched up and big looking, even if it doesn't actually do anything. Even when I wasn't exercising my biceps have always been my party trick :)

I would probably have been counted as one of those 'skinny-fat' people who never exercised save walking at uni and to the shops, ate terribly and in huge amounts and drank too much rubbish. People were always impressed by the volume of food I could sit down and eat, and that's something I find embarrassing now!
I started to exercise more with the prompting of my much more health conscious boyfriend, who I live with and have done for 2.5 years now. My energy levels and health were shocking - I could sleep 10-12 hours everyday and feel super tired, I was sick with colds and all sorts of other things all the time. He tried to get me to come to the gym with him but I just couldn't do it - the thought of exercising was enough to send me into a bad mood for days and I would just end up crying and angry and frustrated (I still get this from time to time, but better than every time!)

Over the last 4/5 months thanks to my WiiFit I've been exercising so much more, everyday basically and recently I've started putting a lot more effort into my diet. My boyfriend and I are shocking cooks and uni students, so food hasn't always had top priority in our house (unless it was nachos or chocolate! haha)

Anyway, that's bout it for me. I'm sure I'll see you guys around - I've been lurking around here checking out heaps of stuff for a while now, figured I should probably say hi.

Replies

• megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Welcome & good luck on your journey!:flowerforyou:

Feel free to add me! I am an aussie too! :glasses:
  • MelliCheer
    Options
    Hey Doll,

This is a great place for advice and encouragement. Welcome to MFP :D

Feel free to add me as a friend (I'm in Sydney)