I need help :-l

Options
So, just a little backstory and such, start grade 12 I weighed about 170, during the year I got down to 155, by the end of the year I shot up to 183, the most I've ever weighed in my life. Two years later, I'm in college now and somehow I'm 210, it's stupid I don't know how I just put on 55 pounds over that time but really I need to change, I'm only 20 I should be out having fun with my life but instead I stay in my 'man-cave' play video games all day and go to school mostly. Both my parents were overweight growing up, but in the past few months they've both lost considerable amounts of weight. My dad something like 60 pounds my mom not so much more like 20 but stll good for her. I've gotten into a bad cycle and really need some help getting out of it. My mom started picking on me when I was about 195 pounds, which wasn't that long ago. Every time I eat anything at all I feel guilty or like I need to hide it, which isn't good. The stress makes me want to eat for comfort, EG bad cycle. It really pisses me off how shes been overweight for like 10 years, I don't say anything to her, and all of a sudden she loses weight and shes better then me...either way I don't want to deleve too deep into my mother issues here as that just makes me sound creepy and insecure! I'm actually very happy in many regards and am pulling As in college. I do however see everyone matched up and realise that if I did get in shape I wouldn't have to be so secluded in a romantic sense. Again without too much back story I was working a job I really hated for a while, put me into depression thats when I gained almost all the weight....but I'm better now feeling good off the anti-depssents doing well in school but I want to get the rest of my life sorted out. Literally almost all the fighting between me and my mom is over some sort of food related issue, I want to lose weight but I also want the fighting to stop. She gets mad when I eat at home for some reason or another or she gets mad when I eat out. I understand shes just being that way cause shes concerned but her getting mad at me any time I do anything ins't helping.

Worse is I'm really sucking at being self motivated, like I dont' remember the last time I went a day without eating something I shouldn't and exercising. I guess this really hit me the other day when I was having a snowball fight with my little sisters and I started feeling sick after running for just a little bit...I used to be captain of my soccer team and now running up and down the drive way is making me sick....bah I just feel like crap at how much I've just let myself go...but at the same time I can't seem to motivate myself enough to DO anything about it...so in general, I need help. :P I need someone to be on me like a hawk without you know...making me feel like crap if I mess up, someone who doens't mind chatting a little, cause really I understand I eat because of stress and if I could talk that out it might help a bit, and someone who's competative...because that is one really good motivator for me, is I love to win. Maybe help me get some perspective, and maybe if my mom starts seeing some change she'll stop riding my case so hard and we can stop fighting over stuff that were not really fighting over, I'll be moving out soon enough and I dont' want to leave with bad blood so yeah....if you think your up for a challange or maybe a whole bunch of people are let me know so we can figure something out. Or if you want to vent I'm also a good listener!

Replies

• mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    sweet your the same age as me almost and we weigh the same 160 is my long term goal add me or something cuz i get where your coming from like i need someone to motivate me too and good job for making the decision
  • Dickerchen
    Options
    Mate,
    I read your story and it did sound a bit like mine; My partner always nagged about my shape, and even now while I lose successfully. I failed so many times, and it hurt every time I tried it. One of the reasons why I failed is because every time I gained whilst on a diet I gave up. My brother once said to me: The winner starts where the loser gives up! If you gain one day, so what? Thats normal, so go ahead and dont get unmotivated by kickbacks.

With regards to your mum, proof her that you CAN! And you can.......... we're here to help....... each other!

Cheers
    :)