Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Calorie help please

Hi all,
Recently on 1200 calorie clean food plan. Lost 7kilos. Have 7 kilos left. 168 cm tall.
It has taken a long slow 4 months to drop 7 kilos.
Last month hit a plateau. Also started doing more running.
Wanting to increase cals to about 1500 per day but scared I'll gain.

Anyone else increased calories and dropped weight?

Thanks.

Replies

• Jesslane93
    Jesslane93 Posts: 190 Member
    I am 163cm tall, and have lost 5kg in the past 2 months eating 1300-1600 cal a day.

From what everyone says you should find out your TDEE, and BMR.

I used this site to figure mine out http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

So from what I have read you are not suppose to eat below your BMR
  • LitheVixen
    LitheVixen Posts: 27 Member
    Hi! I'm 167 cm tall. 1500 cal/day would maintain my weight (sedentary), so I'm doubting that you'll lose more kilos unless you're really active. Have you calculated your Basic Metabolic Rate?
  • Elektrolyfe
    Elektrolyfe Posts: 151 Member
    I currently do weekly re-feeds at my stage in my cut.

This consists of raising my calories to maintenance and increasing carbs to 3x my normal intake for a day or two.

I am still making significant progress on my weight loss and cut while preserving my lean body mass. This prevents me from plateauing.

But that is my experience with it.
  • hekate89
    hekate89 Posts: 28 Member
    I'm 166 cm and I ate 1200 calories a day for a while. But after a while I started loosing pretty slowly, so I figured I probably was eating too little because I had startet working out more as well. I now eat around 1700 calories and loosing pretty fast anyways. Sometimes when you reach a plateau, it could be because you're eating too little=)
  • melsie83
    melsie83 Posts: 3 Member
    My bmr is around 1400. So yes I was snot eating enough.
    It's so hard sometimes with all the confusing info out there.
    1200 did work great for me for a while but I think as I get better at working out/running I need more cals for me to function.

It's just hard for me to get my head around eating more helps drop more weight.
    Bit physiological!!

But as weight loss was scowling down/plateau I guess I could have been putting body into starvation mode.

Thanks for all your help!!