Insanity???

Options
Ok so I just started the insanity program 2 days ago, i just about died but i am looking forward to actually doing the program. I was wondering if anyone has actually finished it and if they think it was worth the 60 days. Also, what did you put in the exercise log when you did it, i dont have a calorie counter nor have the money to get one so there is no way to really determine what i lost and i dont want to underestimate the calories burned and not eat enough and go into starvation mode..hmmmm

Replies

• ilovetosweat
    ilovetosweat Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I finished 6 weeks, but just couldn't go any further. My body was pulverized. But I still love the program, and do it once a week, even if it's just the Fast and Furious 20 minute workout. I used a heart rate monitor, and I think my average burn for the 40 minute workout was about 450 calories, so I just put 11 calories per minute. You will get stronger as the weeks go by, as long as you get enough rest and eat the proper foods to fuel your body.
  • frankbo25
    frankbo25 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You can get a heart rate monitor from Walmart for about 28 bucks (sportline or proform) it can be a little annoying having to check it often but you get used to it. Ive been using one with P90x since June and it has been working fine for me.

Frankie Rich
    Independent Team Beach Body Coach
    www.teambeachbody.com/frankbo25
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Insanity absolutely works and is worth every penny. I have done the whole thing twice and lost pounds and inches both time easily.

I also have a cheap HRM from Wal-Mart that works really well. I check my heart rate every 5 minutes or so to make sure it is counting calories corectly according to my heart rate, and it does just as good as the other one from Reebok that I had which conked out on me recently. The readings are very comparable.

If you started on October 25, you should join me on my thread in the Fitness and Exercise forum cause I am doing Insanity and started Monday as well. I am also adding some weight lifting 3 days a week, but my goals are not just weight loss. I want to get much stronger than what I am right now.
  • TooFine4MFP
    TooFine4MFP Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Insanity is the first beachbody workout I ever bought and is my all time favorite. It is worth every penny. You will see results in the 1st week guaranteed. Do take care to use proper form, I tore my back up on Cardio power and resistance doing those crazy jumps and landing wrong. Its great though, i would do it over and over again.
  • lashleyrivera
    Options
    Thank You sooo much!! im going to go out and buy a heart monitor now from wal mart, i never even knew those things worked from walmart...I started monday and have gone everyday except today, some days i just feel so lazy and i dont want to do anything ahh!!! i am very mad at myself, but i will go tonight!! and i am glad to hear that the program actually works, i always had doubt in that stuff but now i am hopeful!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Ok so I just started the insanity program 2 days ago, i just about died but i am looking forward to actually doing the program. I was wondering if anyone has actually finished it and if they think it was worth the 60 days. Also, what did you put in the exercise log when you did it, i dont have a calorie counter nor have the money to get one so there is no way to really determine what i lost and i dont want to underestimate the calories burned and not eat enough and go into starvation mode..hmmmm

My husband and I finished the entire grueling 63 days. Yes, 63 not 60. I missed two days because my knees needed a rest one day and my husband injured himself from another activity another day. Anyway, the program was worth it.
    My cardio endurance has improved.
    My obliques are noticable.
    My lower abs are flatter.
    I'm sitting in pants today that I haven't worn in five years.