Turning point and DAMN it feels good.

Options
I should start by saying I am addicted to Caffeine:drinker: I usually need coffee in the morning and Japanese Green Tea in the afternoon to function the whole day. A couple of weeks ago I went to the gym and spoke to a personal trainer he offered a free session and I gave it a try. During the free session he worked me out so hard that I almost threw up during the wk out and I was sore in every part of my body for about a wk. So I called him the following week and set up my 1st appointment and that’s when he told me he had only worked me out for 13 minutes:embarassed: . You can imagine how shocked I was, I mean I knew I was out of shape but, 13 minutes, really? Now 3 sessions later I have been hitting the GYM at least 4 times a week; yesterday was a turning point for me because I did 30 min elliptical, 30 min on the treadmill and 30 min the wk out he has set for me daily. Now I did have my coffee in the morning but I had so much energy the whole day I did not need to have my afternoon cup of tea or any kind of caffeine. I not only had energy but I mean I felt GOOOOOOD! I think I am hooked on this GYM thing. I hope this feeling last.

Replies

• renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    So glad you are enjoying your "Natural High".. it's an amazing feeling and hope you can continue to get it and stay with it!!
  • cathyjackson
    Options
    i am new to this diet thing also but only because i gave up smoking after 35 years and started putting in weight big time. I now watch my diet and have also joined the gym. I must admit i am still waiting for the dam i feel good part.
  • tinyliz
    tinyliz Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I should start by saying I am addicted to Caffeine:drinker: I usually need coffee in the morning and Japanese Green Tea in the afternoon to function the whole day. A couple of weeks ago I went to the gym and spoke to a personal trainer he offered a free session and I gave it a try. During the free session he worked me out so hard that I almost threw up during the wk out and I was sore in every part of my body for about a wk. So I called him the following week and set up my 1st appointment and that’s when he told me he had only worked me out for 13 minutes:embarassed: . You can imagine how shocked I was, I mean I knew I was out of shape but, 13 minutes, really? Now 3 sessions later I have been hitting the GYM at least 4 times a week; yesterday was a turning point for me because I did 30 min elliptical, 30 min on the treadmill and 30 min the wk out he has set for me daily. Now I did have my coffee in the morning but I had so much energy the whole day I did not need to have my afternoon cup of tea or any kind of caffeine. I not only had energy but I mean I felt GOOOOOOD! I think I am hooked on this GYM thing. I hope this feeling last.
    Its a pretty amazing feeling to know that you are in control of your body and how it feels when you don't put caffeine in it. Like you never knew it could work without it. I was drinking coffee 2-3x a day now maybe just once a week if I remember, I like not relying on it anymore and knowing my body is capable of working without it.
  • stella77
    stella77 Posts: 282
    Options
    Wow! Good for you! I do notice higher energy and better mood when I work out as well - so I do try to do a bit every day!

I would hate to have someone "work me out" though - I'd proably just shoot him!
  • Dreamgirl97
    Dreamgirl97 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    i am new to this diet thing also but only because i gave up smoking after 35 years and started putting in weight big time. I now watch my diet and have also joined the gym. I must admit i am still waiting for the dam i feel good part.

Congrats on giving up smoking! What an amazing accomplishment!
  • Dreamgirl97
    Dreamgirl97 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    So glad you are enjoying your "Natural High".. it's an amazing feeling and hope you can continue to get it and stay with it!!

I hope this last too!