no changes in body fat% ?

Options
hi i started of with 178 lbs with 36% body fat, i am following diet for last two weeks and reduced 4 lbs, but the body fat % is not coming down its remain the same,i am doing cardio and strength training (alternative days) ,will it take weeks to see changes in bf% or am i facing problem ( losing muscle mass)?

Replies

• pamp1emousse
    pamp1emousse Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I think that if you were losing muscle mass your body fat percentage would have actually gone up. I wouldn't worry, body fat percentage takes a lot longer to reduce that your weight :smile: It sounds like you're doing everything right so I'm sure you'll see it go down. I was recommended to check it every month, so maybe try again in 2 weeks? Even then you may only see a fraction of a percent change.
    Congrats on the weight loss!
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Depending on how you are measuring there's a margin of error of 5-8% in the good methods too. I've got a scale that tells me on number, i step off, drink a glass of water, and step back on to see it go down by 6%. Don't sweat it week to week, look for the long term.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    It might have been maily water weight if this is the start of your weight loss journey. Also depends on your starting weight, if that was quite high then 4lbs might not be much percentage wise.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! That's all I have to say. I have lost about 10% body fat in the last, almost 2 months.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    hi i started of with 178 lbs with 36% body fat, i am following diet for last two weeks and reduced 4 lbs, but the body fat % is not coming down its remain the same,i am doing cardio and strength training (alternative days) ,will it take weeks to see changes in bf% or am i facing problem ( losing muscle mass)?

2 weeks? That's too soon to see reliably significant changes in body fat % (even if it has decreased slightly, there is no way to accurately measure the change). I don't like to do follow up measurements any sooner than 3 months--and even then it's often an iffy proposition. As long as things are going down, don't sweat the details at this point--just keep up the effort.
  • snowwhitesha
    Options
    thanks guys,now i am cleared i will stay in track.