4 Year Anniversary Maintaining!

Options
Hi there! Just wanted to post this--as this week it'll be my 4 year anniversary w/the help of mfp. I always write a post about lesson
s learned through the year...here's the latest!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Robin1117/view/4-years-of-maintaining-w-mfp-663046

Replies

• JeffInJax
    JeffInJax Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Nice read and congratulations on 4 years maintaining! That is no easy feat!
  • belanna5
    belanna5 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Congratulation!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Really inspiring and introspective!
  • Hikr56
    Hikr56 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    A wonderful post. Thanks for sharing!
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone! Once we enter maintenance, we all seem to realize it's the hardest part, isn't it?! How in the world to do this forever??! Thank goodness for all the people here on the site.

And so glad you found the post helpful and inspiring!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Congrats...nice post as well...it confirmed everything I suspected about maitenance...

I hope I learn from your journey and not be one of those that says "oh that won't happen to me I am different"...:noway:

Defining maitenance seems quite personal...if it's a weight, size, measurment, BF%, BMI or a combination of a couple or all of those...

Time to define it for myself I guess.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    Well done, Robin, well done!

I enjoyed reading your blogs from this year and past years and I'll be sharing them with my maintainence friends. Great observations and lessons learned. Thanks for posting!
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing this! I am coming on my second anniversary of hitting my goal weight. Such a big step for me, but I know this is something I need to keep up forever if I wish to stay at this weight...and I definitely do. It's very very helpful reading tips from seasoned maintainers so thank you!
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You are doing great! 4 years is a serious haul. :flowerforyou:
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! :flowerforyou:
  • missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Love it
  • jan5500
    jan5500 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    4 years! Awesome. I have just started maintenance - first week of official Phase 4 (maintenance) of Ideal Protein. I am joining the Maintenance Group. Let's get it active, again!
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 4th year!

I'm 2-1/2 years into maintenance and pretty much resigned myself to continuing to log since the beginning. It doesn't take much time and seems quite a few who try to move away from it end up coming back. And with the concentration on fitness and macros and going through bulking, cutting, and maintaining phases, it's a tool that continues to be useful.
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Nice post!
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Just the kind of post I was looking for, I'm on the verge of entering maintenance for the first time. Thanks
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!
    Bumping to save for when I hit maintenance in a few months.
  • La_Malfaisante
    La_Malfaisante Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Very inspiring!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Great blog! After 3 months maintaining (never was overweight until I got very sick 4 yrs ago and couldn't exercise) I realize that I can't be the same person health and fitness wise that I was before the chronic illness - I know that I will have to log food for quite a while because I love variety... If it was only about the same breakfast every day, and 3 or 4 different lunches and 5 or 6 different dinners, I could probably just go it on memory. BUT, every day for me is different foodwise, so I need to know my ratios of macros and where I am in my calorie goals. I'm thinkin' I will be logging for quite a while.
    Thanks again!
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Thanks so much for all your comments and feedback. I never realized at first how helpful feedback on maintenance was until I wrote about my 1st year and the great notes and comments I received back. And of course I love hearing about everyone else's experiences and learn so much from them. It's funny, writing this year, I wondered if it was starting to get redundant and wondered if I should still keep up on the anniversary posts. Then realized every year brings out new challenges, new anxieties, and of course changes because what worked for me 4 years ago in the beginning? Seems like it's starting to change again! This is quite a wild ride.
    Congrats to all of you who have met your goals continuing to figure it all out with us!