Getting Out of Vacation Mode- Detox or Not?

Options
AMM160981
AMM160981 Posts: 39 Member
I just got back from vacation where I ate and drank bad stuff. I wouldn't say I gorged but my diary would definitely be an embarassment if I had managed to log every single thing. I tried, but I honestly tried to keep all electronic devices out of my life for those few days and just relax and enjoy the sun. Anyway...

I have been doing exceptionally well for a couple of months now. Obviously the 4 day hiatus is a set back and I want to get right back to it. My question is, should I do a detox of some sort to rid my body of all the processed/fried junk or just continue where I left off? I am aware that this probably 80% willpower to get back on the horse but want to do everything I can not to careen off this great track I have been on. Anyone have a similar experience? Did you find it easiest to just get back to it with your routine or do a couple days cleanse and THEN back to routine. I want this to be a successful recovery.

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    You have working Liver, Kidneys and go to the toilet on a regular basis? That's all the detoxing you need. Your body is perfectly able to detox itself
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    You have working Liver, Kidneys and go to the toilet on a regular basis? That's all the detoxing you need. Your body is perfectly able to detox itself

x2
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options

x2

X3
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options

x2

X3

X4
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

x2

X3

X4

x5
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options

x2

X3

X4

x5

/6
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I found it just much easier to get back into the regular routine. Just eat less processed foods and your body will take care of the rest.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

x2

X3

X4

x5

/6

X7
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    No matter what you do the answer is no because detoxes don't work.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO
  • mncdk
    mncdk Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Faith in humanity restored.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    Options

x2

X3

X4

x5

/6

X7

Wrong. The answer was =20. But you're hot, so I'll give you an A+ anyway.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

x2

X3

X4

x5

/6

X7

:laugh:

or it could be that after x7 the answer is 140....
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

x2

X3

X4

x5

/6

X7

:sad: :sad: :sad:

You appreciate me for my body, but not my mind!
  • AMM160981
    AMM160981 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Thanks for the input. I am glad I asked the question even though now it seems like a stupid one lol
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

x2

X3

X4

x5

/6

X7

:laugh:

or it could be that after x7 the answer is 140....

Right, didn't see no stinkin' = sign, Miller.
  • BookAngel_a
    BookAngel_a Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    A couple of days of healthy eating and your body should detox itself. Drinking extra water might help, as well as eating some extra fruits and veggies, and some exercise of course. Those things might speed up the process for you, but it's entirely up to you! :)
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    Options

x2

X3

X4

x5

/6

X7

:sad: :sad: :sad:

You appreciate me for my body, but not my mind!

There, there. I appreciate your body enough to make up for the other. *nods*
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I just got back from vacation where I ate and drank bad stuff.

you ate toxic mushrooms? you drank polluted water?

there's nothing bad about eating food and drinking drinks on holiday. Try not to be in a mentality of "I was bad I must punish myself now" because that's what it seems to me is behind the whole "I ate bad foods on holiday now I must punish myself with a cleanse" type mentality. You had fun on holiday. If you indulged a little bit more than you'd planned, then it's no biggie. Just get back on with your regular healthy lifestyle, i.e. eating your calorie goal and doing all your workouts. Any extra holiday weight will come off in due course.... no need to feel bad or do anything drastic. This is a lifelong thing, you should be enjoying eating a whole range of different foods in moderation, and if you overindulge once in a while it won't hurt so long as you get back on with the regular healthy lifestyle afterwards.
  • rodduz
    rodduz Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    'detox' and 'cleanse' - Tell me more about these words? What do they actually mean? What are you going to do to 'detox' your body or 'cleanse' your body?

They're just stupid buzz words that marketing companies use, they mean nothing!