Fell off the wagon....

Options
mkdm291
mkdm291 Posts: 139 Member
... and it is no one's fault but my own. The concept of counting calories and exercising is not difficult, but sometimes the implementation can be. However, nothing in life is easy and I have to get back on!

I guess the point of this post is to support myself. I had a lot of fun over the long weekend ;-) I was really good last week, however, the weekend put me 1 pound gained since the week's start. I know, not a lot. But it was a reality check!!

Here is a question.... any on the go lunch options that are actually enjoyable? I am somewhat tired of "leftover salad and grilled chicken" from the night before.

Replies

• writer4him
    writer4him Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Memorial Day weekend started a season for me that is going to involve some kind of party, cookout, or otherwise food-involved festivity just about every weekend from now until the summer is almost over, so I understand how you fell off the wagon and how you feel! I also was up a little over a pound from my previous loss. I keep telling myself to keep logging faithfully this week and to not go over and things will all smooth out...until the graduation parties start next weekend...lol.
  • neetafajita
    neetafajita Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, too much food over the holiday which was harder than I thought! I am back on track and feeling good about it now. I try to remember my always, sometimes and rarely food categories and it helps. Those "rarely's" are not bad if you only have them on rare occasions and plan for them!

I agree that leftover Salad and Grilled Chicken get old really fast! About once a week I meet a friend at a Mexican restaurant and have a grilled chicken taco and 12 chips with salsa. I ask for extra lettuce and light cheese and it is delicious; I feel like it is treat but it does not mess up my calorie count for the day!
  • katew221
    katew221 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Salads made with cold veggies e.g. pre-cooked green beans, carrots, new potatoes, and bits of cold meat e.g. shredded ham, pork, beef, lamb, etc.! Apples and grapes which can be mixed in with leaf salad to make it more interesting, and go surprisingly well with a lot of savoury flavours. Sliced ham with lettuce, tomato, asparagus, maybe some cold peas.

Although chicken is the easiest meat and is low in calories, changing up your protein can make lunches (and dinners!) more interesting, and make it easier to say no to the sweets :smile:

Most of these options can be contained in tortilla wraps or pitta breads, which makes them ideal for 'on the go' as you don't need a knife and fork. Sliced ham is super easy to keep in the fridge, as are pre-cooked veggies - just do more than you need a couple of nights before you want them for lunch.

Have fun!
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    And remember, some if not all of that pound from the weekend is probably water retention! Doesn't mean you don't need to get back on the wagon, but not a cause for alarm.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    This time of the year I like cottage cheese with fresh fruit or a tomato and cucumber salad for lunch. A weekend won't ruin everything unless you make it every weekend.