2 years on MFP today

Options
Eleonora91
Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
You've probably read this kind of post a thousand times already... but it's quite incredible to be here for the first time myself! I would n't have believed this could have been possible just 2 years ago.

I decided to join My Fitness Pal on May 28th 2012, exactly 2 years ago. It was hot, almost summer, and I was in a very, very bad place. I was attending the second year of university in Milan and moving from my hometown to here had quite a few bad consequences on me. I was already overweight, I've always been. But I guess things started getting more and more serious after I turned 18 or 19. I used not to weight myself at that time, and I think I didn't even realize how fat I was getting everyday. I've always had problems in controlling myself over food, and not just around food actually. I've grown up to be a young, very impulsive girl. I used to think that eating was too beautiful and life was way too short to limit myself and suffer by dieting. Which is something I still think, even if I've found the strenght to make a step and change my life.
Even though I don't like to talk about it I ended up messing with my food habits even more by developing an eating disorder. I reached a point in which I didn't like myself and my own body at all, but I thought it wasn't worth fighting for it anymore. Until I couldn't take it anymore.

On May 28th of 2 years ago I decided I would have really tried to lose weight for the first time. I was determined, but I didn't know for how long I would have been so strong. I started off anyway, which is something I'm really grateful for now. Joining this website made a whole DIFFERENCE.
I learned how to lose weight in a healthy way right away. I instantly absorbed the concept of "counting calories", eating a reasonable deficit (even if at the time I was eating 1200 net calories - well... at least I was eating my exercise calories back!), I started buying really healthy foods and I didn't take so long to get used to it. It was hard to crave more food at the end of the day, but I resisted. I decided to also try some exercise, because I had gotten to a point in which even going out for shopping and walking the whole evening would have made me dead tired. I started by walking on my way to university, 40 minutes each day, even in July, when the sun was hot and I was so tired. I ordered a stationary bike and started with 15 minutes of cycling - it seems such a small effort right now!

But eventually, things started to work. I started losing weight. I started feeling like something was REALLY going to change.
I've been struggling, I've been improving, I've been hitting plateaus - but fast forward to the last months: I had set my goal to the highest weight in the healthy BMI range. I reached it, and I am now on my way to lose more weight to become more and more fit everyday. I'm able to run for a few minutes in a row, I'm able to walk everywhere, carring my heavy grocery bags twice a week. I'm able to bear a bit of exercise, at least as much as a "regular" person (who hasn't been overweight) would. I've started improving my muscle endurance on Dec. and I'm now completing the "30 days Shred" program by Jillian Michaels.

I can still see SO much space for improvement, of course... but I'm better than I've ever been. I would have never imagined I would have come so far. I would have never known I could have reached such goals.

And all of this has been possible because of the strenght, the support and the constancy I've found and learnt on this website. Such a small, simple tool has been able to help me so much through it, at the point that I think I've completely changed my life.

This is how I used to look:

5nohhf.jpg

edit: pictures get cut :( here's the full link: http://i57.tinypic.com/5nohhf.jpg

and this is how I look now:

2gua7wp.jpg

link: http://i59.tinypic.com/2gua7wp.jpg

I've started off at 165 cms, 83 kgs, and I've managed to get down to 64 kgs. I lost 19 kgs in almost 2 years, even though my loss hasn't obviously been linear.

And this is how I've chosen to celebrate:

vzy32d.jpg

link: http://i61.tinypic.com/vzy32d.jpg

Will you guys help me to find out to log it now? :tongue:

I just wanted to share my experience with you all guys. I guess my success hasn't been as big as some of yours, but I'm so young, and I still feel like what I've managed to do is incredible. I never thought I could have been this strong, dedicated and determined.

I wanted to say thank you to all of my lovely, helpful friends in my FL - you've helped me from the very beginning and you're always motivating me and supporting me when I happen to whine too much! You guys are AMAZING and you deserve all the best in life.

I hope you can all feel more motivated to pursue your goals now - if I did it, you can do it too! Stay strong guys!

Replies

• Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

Thanks for sharing your story with us, and enjoy that cupcake, you've definitely earned it!
  • formichina83
    formichina83 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Eleonora! You are re-borned!!! You have done a great job!!!
    You have to be proud of it! You have change life, it's really healthy choise!!!
    Thank you for the sharing!!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all the hard work and dedication you put in these past two years.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work! You are beautiful and have a great attitude. :) (Your reward looks delicious as well!!)
  • Eleonora91
    Options
    Thank you, thank you all :happy: wish I could share my pastry with you all!
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Sending hugs.. great job!!
  • otter090812
    otter090812 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful story, and what a difference! So pleased you turned things around, and that you did it while still young. Congratulations friend. :flowerforyou:
  • BeccaJane_x_
    BeccaJane_x_ Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your hard work! (and I wish you could share the pastry too, lol) :laugh:
  • greens72
    greens72 Posts: 3
    Options
    Congratulations! Your story is very inspiring!
  • Eleonora91
    Options
    Thank you guys, thank you so much. I bet you're all rocking it more than I am! :tongue:
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look fantastic!
  • 123stefania
    123stefania Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Congratulations
    Auguri!!!!!
  • bbracken77
    bbracken77 Posts: 65
    Options
    Great job!!
  • Eleonora91
    Options
    Thank you guys :D best wishes to all of you!
    Congratulations
    Auguri!!!!!

Ma grazie :D
  • MoiKarina
    MoiKarina Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Wahow I'm very impressed. I met you recently and I had no idea what you had been through before. I had never seen picture of you before weight loss either and now I realise the great hard work you've achieved. I admire you a lot. You're a very strong woman and I'm so glad I met you.
  • fit4w8
    fit4w8 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story. Very motivating I am also one that feels life is to short to give up good food. Hope to achieve my results even in little steps.
  • Eleonora91
    Options
    Wahow I'm very impressed. I met you recently and I had no idea what you had been through before. I had never seen picture of you before weight loss either and now I realise the great hard work you've achieved. I admire you a lot. You're a very strong woman and I'm so glad I met you.

A few pictures are well hidden in my Facebook albums :bigsmile:

Thank you guys, you can achieve anything if you want it and I promise it's going to be worth it!
  • sgvdms
    sgvdms Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous of your hair, it is amazinggggg!!
  • Eleonora91
    Options
    I'm so jealous of your hair, it is amazinggggg!!

Aww thank you :bigsmile: I'm not a real redhead though :tongue:
  • KS1966
    KS1966 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thanks for sharing. For me, just starting back to MFP after regaining/relapsing, it is inspiring.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!