Ladies...Laparoscopic Hysterectomy

Options
I am having one done on Monday and I am wondering what to expect. Has anyone had one done? How quick of a recovery did you have? I've had 2 c-sections so I guess in my mind, this will be a piece of cake compared to that. Am I crazy??

Replies

• happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Anyone????
  • Linda8989
    Linda8989 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Well, I had a hysterectomy a few decades ago, the old way, so I can't compare the two. But I did have laparoscopic gall bladder removal a few years back, and it was very easy. They kept me overnight just because of nausea issues. Within 2 days, I was feeling fine, minor discomfort, and just a little weak for a few days. Good luck and I am betting it will go quick and easy.
  • survivor1952
    survivor1952 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I had one done 22 years ago when they first started doing them. In fact I was the first one done at North Hills Passavant Hospital. All the nurses kept coming in to look at my belly. Lapriscopic is a great way to go. Since then I had a lapriscopic gall bladder removal too. Recovery is quick. Good luck, you will be fine.
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for your responses. I am hoping recovery is quick and simple.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for your responses. I am hoping recovery is quick and simple.
    any updates? Its been recommended for me as well,