muscles and starvation mode?

Susan57
Susan57 Posts: 40 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
can someone look @ my eating and tell me what i need to do to improve. i am having knee replacement and have fairly good leg muscles b/c i walked 12 hours a day. i have been off work almost a year and was biking, but not now. dr. said i must be doing sometime to keep my muscles up. what i want to know is what is starvation mode and how long do you need to be in it to damage or lose muscle. i also want to lose another 18lbs. and i will have 35 less lbs to put on in after surgery. any ideas?:happy:

Replies

• sara_xo
    sara_xo Posts: 195 Member
    um. it all really depends on the person... depending on what exactly you want... it's not healthy to loose the muscle in your body, if that's what your asking, as for every pound of muscle that you have your body burns 50 calories just at rest.

You want to make sure that your protein intake (in grams) is equal to the amount of lean body mass you have (or your goal weight) if you just want to loose weight. If you want to build muscle and gain weight, you will want that protein intake to be 1.5g's per pound of lean body mass or goal weight.
This discussion has been closed.