How to get the best from what i have

Options
Hi, My question is, how do i make the best exercise routine from equipment i already have?
i have a stationary bike, a leg master and a 5 minute body shaper, can anyone recommend certain routines etc to help me get the best from them?
Thank You :)

Replies

• ataylorgardner
    ataylorgardner Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Me personally I would decide on a certain number of minutes for each piece of equipment and work it into another routine, maybe as a warm up or something. there are lots of great workouts on youtube you can do as well. If you dont want to do a video workout then set a certain time limit you want to workout that day and split it up between the 3 pieces of equipment. I am not sure what the 5 minute body shaper is so I have no help there :)
  • sophieR12
    sophieR12 Posts: 43
    Options
    Thank you :) i've only just starting getting into exercise so still working out logistics and what goes where etc haha so its quite daunting, the 5 minute body shaper is pretty awesome its a rope and pulley type thing you hook it to a door knob and you have four ropes for your hands and feet and it sort of works everything at once...or at least that's the plan lol:)
  • segovm
    segovm Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Depends on your goals really. If you are just trying to lose weight you can use the gadgets you have for some cardio. Adding something simple like a jump rope might help mix things up a bit, people tend to get comfy on stationary bikes if they aren't especially motivated to push hard.

If you want to build some muscle (and most people probably should), there are a lot of body weight exercises that you can do at home without having to buy anything. A lot of us think we "need" a gym to workout but really you can get pretty fit just doing pushups, pullups, situps and stuff like that.

There's a book called "You Are Your Own Gym" that has a ton of bodyweight exercises you can do at home so maybe flip through it if you are ever at a bookstore to get some ideas.

Last tip from me is to try and do stuff that's physically active while not being a "workout". It's hard to maintain a life where you get up everyday and workout but not so hard to go to play soccer with friends a couple times a week.

Good luck!