Protein

Options
2»

Replies

• mRoss27
    mRoss27 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Cant beat the combination of quality and affordability of Optimum Nutrition Whey. 73 servings of 24g for usually around $55. Best chocolate flavor: Chocolate Malt. Best vanilla flavor: French Vanilla Creme. Having each of these on deck not only tastes great in a shake but any recipe as well.
  • BigGamesJames1
    Options
    One scoop of vanilla protein powder mixed with 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt will give you close to 50 grams of protein. Tastes like vanilla pudding...yum!
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    One scoop of vanilla protein powder mixed with 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt will give you close to 50 grams of protein. Tastes like vanilla pudding...yum!

BigGame...how many calories to that? Is that a bulk or cheat snack? Looking good Mate!
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm just getting into weight lifting and am having trouble getting all of my protein in for the day. I am 134 pounds and aiming for 155 grams (35%) protein per day. What is everyone's favorite protein powder that won't break the bank? And what are some other high protein foods that y'all recommend?

for powder, I like Met-Rx Whey

For food
    Cottage cheese
    chicken breast
    beef
    fish
    greek yogurt
    quest bars
    milk
    eggs
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

BigGame...how many calories to that? Is that a bulk or cheat snack? Looking good Mate!

A cup of Fage 0% is 130 calories and 23 grams. A scoop of Trutein is 120-130 calories and 23 grams protein. I get 46 for the blend I like. At 260 calories, it is seriously filling. I eat it for breakfast when I cut.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options

A cup of Fage 0% is 130 calories and 23 grams. A scoop of Trutein is 120-130 calories and 23 grams protein. I get 46 for the blend I like. At 260 calories, it is seriously filling. I eat it for breakfast when I cut.

I need to give this a shot....honestly never thought of doing it.

I have only ever mixed my protein powder in milk.....
    So I need to try this.

Thanks for the idea.
  • BigGamesJames1
    Options

It's about 250 calories, depending on brands used. Add some fruit or oatmeal to it, and I'll have it as a meal.
  • caesar164
    caesar164 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Bsn syntha 6! its delicious! I currently have chocolate peanut butter! 22 grams of protein, 10 grams of essential n
    amino acids, and 5 grams of fiber per scoop!