advice to your former self

2»

Replies

• kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Lets see:

All those people saying weight loss isn't linear are telling the truth!

All those people telling you that 1000 calories isn't enough are telling the truth!

All the people telling you to work out because it will make you like the way you look even more ARE TELLING THE TRUTH!

Oh, and the rules do apply to you, you are not the exception! No special butterflies here!
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Taco Bell doesn't taste good enough to blow three months of calories on.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Start lifting NOW.
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Walk away from the chocolate.

I'd tell former me to be patient, word is that former Becky is going to leave the chocolate unattended...
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Start lifting NOW.

and this
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Quit eating so much #$%^ing Taco Bell.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    DON'T STOP! Every time you stop, you're just setting yourself up for more disappointment later.

Today, I'm having one of those "I could have been there by now if I hadn't given up..." days.
  • Amyeeeeeee
    Amyeeeeeee Posts: 93 Member
    Id say... SELF...why did you stop when you were losing weight... like 22 lbs weight? SOOOO I guess as you can see I have gained all that back. Back in March I was diagnosed with Asthma and was so sick I couldnt work out. I was on steriods to get me back on track and I gained more weight. I am 244 lbs and today I started back with detox water and working out. I feel better with soda free for 2 days. I know I can do this and get back to 150(my goal weight) and look hotter at 33 than i did at 25.

Stay focused
    Find a workout buddy or 10
    and no matter what DONT GIVE UP
  • Amyeeeeeee
    Amyeeeeeee Posts: 93 Member
    girl we all have those days. If I would have never stopped I could have lost over 50 lbs by now. I say we all have to stick together!!
  • Watermelon_Crush
    Watermelon_Crush Posts: 170 Member
    How very X-Men LOL

I'd actually go back further and tell myself not to start WW when I was 14, cos a) you're not that big and b) It's going to screw your metabolism and mental attitude to food up and make you bounce up to being a lot heavier than you would have been if you hadn't.
  • streamgirl
    streamgirl Posts: 207 Member
    You really do have to decide that losing weight is more important than all of the excuses about how you don't have that much to lose, it's just one cookie/beer/plate full of food, you're too tired to go for a run, etc., etc. When you feel good about how you look and feel, skipping the alfredo sauce just isn't that important.