Butter

Options
What is a good healthy low fat butter??

Replies

• gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I don't know but I was compelled to come into the butter thread. Same if the title was bacon.

*rolls around in thread*

*runs*
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I don't know but I was compelled to come into the butter thread. Same if the title was bacon.

*rolls around in thread*

*runs*
    My hero! Personally I really like Smart Balance Buttah. Tastes great and full of omega 3's. :drinker:
  • jjustjo
    jjustjo Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I use the "I can't believe it's butter" spray. Buttery taste...not a lot of calories
  • trotters24
    Options
    I have started to use Smart Balance instead of butter/margarine in recipes. I use the Smart Balance spray on toast, english muffings, and on the bread to make paninis. My husband hasn't noticed the difference since I switched, and I don't tell him!
  • angebean
    angebean Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I've tried them all and I can't believe it's not butter (regular and light) are my fav.
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I've used I Can't Believe It's Not Butter light but now use Move Over Butter, good flavor and cheaper. Don't know that it or any of the substitutes are really good for you but you've got to die of something;)
  • KAK68
    KAK68 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've used both of these and prefer I can't believe its not butter- smart butter is a harder butter to spread but I really didn't think of using the sprays. I just like to use on my bread but my husband loves to cook with it- trying to break him of this habit- so was thinking I need a healthier butter to cook with- thanks for the input everyone.
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I've used both of these and prefer I can't believe its not butter- smart butter is a harder butter to spread but I really didn't think of using the sprays. I just like to use on my bread but my husband loves to cook with it- trying to break him of this habit- so was thinking I need a healthier butter to cook with- thanks for the input everyone.

Olive Oil if you mean stove top cooking with butter. Sauteeing with spreads doesn't always work. That said you will have to get use to the different taste. I use Pam Olive Oil spray a lot.

:D
  • KAK68
    KAK68 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have been doing a little research- we have Blue Bonnet right now because Wal Mart was out of I can't believe it isn't butter- actually blue bonnet is lower in calories and fat. I am also looking at sprays and see that they have no fat in them and hardly any calories so I think I will go to sprays for my bagels-toast. This will help with my fat intake for the day. I actually like the blue bonnet so may stick with that for now.
  • Bamacraft
    Bamacraft Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Not sure what your need is for it but if for pasta, baked potato, etc.. Butter Buds is a great alternative. If for cooking, extra virgin olive oil (cook temps may need to be lowered). If for other reasons (for recipe substitute) i am not sure which is best. Compare and go with whats lowest in sat fat and sodium maybe..Most likely if the recipe calls for enough butter to get into concerns with whats in the butter, it probably isnt one of the best meals to eat but every little bit does add up..
  • sara_xo
    sara_xo Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I LOVE BUTTER :) and BACON! SATURDAY AND SUNDAY I AM USING BOTH IN MY BREAKY :p

I LOVE KETO for this exact reason. I don't have to worry one bit about the Fat's that I'm consuming. I use full fat salad dressing, and full fat butters, full fat cream cheese.. mmm
  • thehealthyone
    Options
    I used to use and love most of those artificial butters...but after seeing episodes on NO nutrition, along with chemical additives that I just didn't understand, I happily switched back to the real stuff...it's about HEALTH...so I'm just counting calories to balance at the end of the day...If it means I have to have less of a serving, so be it :)

Sara...What is KETO...is that like a fat blocker??

O! LOL nevermind...got it now!!! Wow! Never heard of that before! Thanks for sharing!! :)
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I eat butter. Just less of it. Try and experiment....put a pat of butter and a blob of whatever outside on an ant trail. The ants won't eat the whatever. If it's not good enough for an ant to eat I'm not gonna eat it!
  • qwho
    qwho Posts: 157
    Options
    I have read that you should eat as many things as possible that contain the fewest number of ingredients, and most margarines and light butters and substitutes are full of ingredients, so I use butter, in fact, whipped butter, only 50 calories a tablespoon and very tasty. The ingredients: pasteurized sweet cream and salt
  • rayfromtx
    Options
    I believe there are a few lies being "fed" to us by the food factories. One is the notion that margarine is healthy. It is not. Use butter sparingly or switch to olive oil when appropriate. The other one is that butter flavored sprays have no calories. They are allowed to claim 0 calories if there is less than 5 in a serving. The spray I use claims a serving size is .3 seconds. Is it even possible to spray less than a third of a second? Read the ingredients. The oils used run around the same calories per tablespoon as butter. The added ingredients are the bonus. They are convenient but not magic. Truvia does the same sleight of hand by claiming a serving size is 3/4 tsp. A tsp would be more than 5 calories per serving and they would lose the 0 calorie claim.