Oh My Gosh - Spinning!!

Options
So last night I took my first spinning class. My sister has been going for several months and thought I would like it. I have been walking 3 - 5 miles everyday since August and thought I was in fairly good shape to do this. OMG I felt like I never exercised a day in my life - it was hard. I kept the pedals moving the entire hour but man it was rough. I'm not sure if I will do it again but I do know that it was a great workout.

PS - I'm having a hard time sitting today - if you know what I mean :laugh:

Replies

• xxPeppaxx
    xxPeppaxx Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Keep going you will love it!!!! and honestly it will get better, the sitting part...:wink:
  • MonicaS29
    Options
    I felt the same way during and after my first spin class. It definitely gets better! Wait for the soreness to subside and go again..it def gets easier (or at least more bearable) even starting at just the 2nd class! :)
  • jewell80
    Options
    oh wow. I've been trying to hype myself up to go to the beginner class at my gym but I haven't had the nerve yet. Keep going it will get better! So I hear...LOL
  • lesley12345
    lesley12345 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    you should definately try it again, i have been doing spin for a couple months, and it takes a while to build up your endurance but once you get used to it, it's a great workout!
  • cread12
    cread12 Posts: 41
    Options
    great I just got the courage up to try a class. lol
  • apeman
    apeman Posts: 82
    Options
    Way to jump in with both feet. I did the same thing last week. Sadly my gym only offers it twice a week. What's weird is they are back to back nights. That's really tough. So I'm keeping my Tuesdays for spin for now. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll open up another night.

So keep it up. It's great cardio. I would suggest a heart rate monitor though. It really helps see how hard your working.
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Get a gel seat cover or gel insert shorts (they feel like you're walking around with one of those post-birth giganto-huge hospital maxi pads on but OMG THEY HELP). I will NEVER forget my first week spinning. I got off the bike and about fell down the steps and my crotch felt like someone was pounding me with a blunt anvil for a week.
  • fluffypbunny
    fluffypbunny Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I took up spinning about 6 months ago and have never looked back. I LOVE IT!!!!!! It really helped after I purchased the shoes but I have enough butt cushion on my own to worry about a seat cover. I do it instead of running because the running was just destroying my poor body. My legs are getting some serious tone now. Don't give up!!!!!!!!!!!:wink:
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I started spinning 4-5 months ago and like you, I thought I was going to die after the first class (actually I was constantly watching the clock). Now I"m COMPLETELY addicted and go 3-4 times a week. I LOOVVVEEE it! My legs are actually getting toned (lost 3 inches off EACH thigh in the last 3 months! I NEVER lose anything off my legs, either!). I've also noticed that I was breathing so hard the first few weeks, but I don't get as winded anymore in Spinning and other forms of exercise.

As you keep going, your "lady part" issue, as I call it, will get better. The first week or two I was miserable, but now I don't even notice. Bike shorts can also help!

Don't give up!
  • flattsfan22
    flattsfan22 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I really wish I could find spinning classes where I'm from that you don't need a gym membership to the gym to attend. I don't need a gym membership because I have the equipment at home but I want to attend classes. Good Luck and have fun
  • sanrog
    sanrog Posts: 68
    Options
    Thanks for all the input - Maybe after my soreness goes away I will give it another try. It seems like everyone that does it really really loves it (my sister included).
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I am like you.. Im not sure I like it but yet I keep going back for more....

I love how hard it makes you work but its not my favourite form of exercise and I dont really understand how people get so hooked. Oh and yes my crotch area killlllllls the next day haha