Weighing more than I look :(

Options
13»

Replies

• missspacecadet
    Options
    I know EXACTLY how you feel, when I used to weigh like 150-ish, I would wear a size 7-9, and people would always tell me I looked a lot smaller than that, now that I'm at 127, I don't see too much of a difference, yet. I can't wait to be skinnier! I can see my clavicle bone more clearly now, and my ribs. But my thighs aren't budging. I've been doing yoga (does that tone your body? I don't want to build muscle I just want to be a little more toned)

I want to be a size 0-2. :) It will happen, I'm very determined.
  • Yarnpiggie
    Options
    I know EXACTLY how you feel, when I used to weigh like 150-ish, I would wear a size 7-9, and people would always tell me I looked a lot smaller than that, now that I'm at 127, I don't see too much of a difference, yet. I can't wait to be skinnier! I can see my clavicle bone more clearly now, and my ribs. But my thighs aren't budging. I've been doing yoga (does that tone your body? I don't want to build muscle I just want to be a little more toned)

I want to be a size 0-2. :) It will happen, I'm very determined.

Okay I have no desire to be as small as you but go you! Something jumped out in your post though that gave me a giggle. I was walking to the restroom one day and saw the very smallest glimpse of my clavicle. It was like it was playing peek-a-boo with me, but my mouth dropped open. Never in my life has that happened. lol!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way but I prefer it . Would you really rather have someone say "Gee, I would have thought you weighed a lot more than that"??
  • NZblue
    NZblue Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 2...... And I weigh 179. Most people can't believe that I don't fit into the clothing at certain stores. So people just carry their weight differently. For example, I can fit small dresses, but when things are fitted on my hips, I've got a problem. =)

Don't stress about scale numbers. The way your clothes fit is the best way to go. =)

My scales are telling me I've put on a kilo. My clothes are telling me I've lost one. =)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I think the reason this is so prevalent is because so many people lie about their weight. So when we see a woman who SAYS she weighs 120, but she really weighs 145, our eyes see what that looks like and in our heads we label that look as "120" when in reality she weighs more and is a lying liar LOL. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I was easily 210-ish at the time, and when I went to the DMV to get my license, the guy said to me Oh No, that's not true,...I'm gonna put you down for 175, but I doubt you even weigh that much... He may have been just flirting, but as a society I think the rampant lying about weight has skewed our idea of what different weights look like.

Also, where you carry it makes a big difference as well. I could lose 40 lbs if I just lopped off these big ladies I'm carrying around LOL
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I think the reason this is so prevalent is because so many people lie about their weight. So when we see a woman who SAYS she weighs 120, but she really weighs 145, our eyes see what that looks like and in our heads we label that look as "120" when in reality she weighs more and is a lying liar LOL. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I was easily 210-ish at the time, and when I went to the DMV to get my license, the guy said to me Oh No, that's not true,...I'm gonna put you down for 175, but I doubt you even weigh that much... He may have been just flirting, but as a society I think the rampant lying about weight has skewed our idea of what different weights look like.

Also, where you carry it makes a big difference as well. I could lose 40 lbs if I just lopped off these big ladies I'm carrying around LOL
    I can honestly say that my weight hasn't changed since I was 16.... on my license that is :laugh:
  • nicolas1984
    nicolas1984 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i have it sort of the other way people think i am heavier than i am
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else have this problem? I'm 5'3 and 236pds. People say I only look about 180-190. I am a size 14-16.

It's always been something that has upset me, especially when I see and hear of people my height who are only like 160. It's really frustrating!

Eh?? Well that's good isn't it??

Better to look less than you really are than look more than you actually weigh!

Imagine, for instance, weighing, say 150lbs and then somebody comes up to you and says "good grief, I thought you weighed 200lbs!"

Now THAT would really be a pisser!
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Okay I have no desire to be as small as you but go you! Something jumped out in your post though that gave me a giggle. I was walking to the restroom one day and saw the very smallest glimpse of my clavicle. It was like it was playing peek-a-boo with me, but my mouth dropped open. Never in my life has that happened. lol!

I just really noticed my collarbones and the little divot behind them the other night and was dancing around my apartment like a wild woman! SOOOOOO excited about it!!

I'm down to a L in running tights - I haven't tried the M in the brand that claims my height/weight would put me in the M - and a L in most running tops! That makes me feel really good. And today I caught a glimpse of myself in the subway door window on my way to run, and for the first time I really started to feel...not skinny for sure, and not even really *thin* per se, but...not large. :)